View Poll Results: Hack or Alchemy ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Atelier Iris

3 37.50%
  • HACK// GU

5 62.50%

Thread: Best Non- Square Enix JRPG Competition ! ROUND 12 !

Default Best Non- Square Enix JRPG Competition ! ROUND 12 !

Last round before we head into the semis. I was a bit confused by what people meant by the HACK games, and looking back I realized that I should've asked back then. Sorry if I have gotten this wrong.

Edit: Counting the whole HACK GU Trilogy as a whole game as "Recode " on the PS4.

VS

*Closes in 24 hours * !
    Last edited by maybee; 10-04-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah the G.U. games are literal 'volumes' more than they are sequels. If you want to make it one game, I guess you can just take "Last Recode", the rerelease that includes all volumes in one.

I must admit I haven't played Atelier Iris, but .hack//G.U. is one of those games that I'd be perfectly happy to see win the entire competition, so I'll throw my vote in still. Such amazing games, and Haseo is easily one of the best protagonists in any RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Yeah the G.U. games are literal 'volumes' more than they are sequels. If you want to make it one game, I guess you can just take "Last Recode", the rerelease that includes all volumes in one.
    Okay, will edit and make some changes. TY !

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

.Hack has Alkaid, who was best girl before best girl was even a thing.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Pass
    Same here, I got to near the end of Atelier Iris before I decided I was so bored with the game that I didn't want to finish it. I like the idea of .Hack but I was largely let down by the first installement and while I have two friends who love G.U. and have tried to get me to love it too, I just have not really gotten into it either. So yeah, I'm pretty indifferent to both titles.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Easy one for me, I like Atelier but Iris 1 is pretty low on my list of Atelier games, and I absolutely devoured all three .hack//G.U. volumes on the PS2.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

.Hack. It's a fun series, and was probably my gateway into real mmo's, lol.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Pass
    Same here, I got to near the end of Atelier Iris before I decided I was so bored with the game that I didn't want to finish it. I like the idea of .Hack but I was largely let down by the first installement and while I have two friends who love G.U. and have tried to get me to love it too, I just have not really gotten into it either. So yeah, I'm pretty indifferent to both titles.
    I never beat the first game(s). I think I was like halfway through the fourth disk too. I spent like hours gathering codes to get into the next dungeon, only to die about halfway through and realizing I hadn't saved at all. They did away with the codes in G.U. and the combat's a lot more enjoyable too.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Pass
    I never beat the first game(s). I think I was like halfway through the fourth disk too. I spent like hours gathering codes to get into the next dungeon, only to die about halfway through and realizing I hadn't saved at all. They did away with the codes in G.U. and the combat's a lot more enjoyable too.
    I think my bigger issue is that I find the idea of playing a person who is playing an MMO and it's linked to saving the world to be a bit ridiculous. I can't help but laugh at the absurdness. I actually own the remake of G.U. cause said friends convinced my GF to buy it for me as a gift, so I'll eventually get around to it, but I can't say the premise really wets my appetite of excitement. I even know the twist about Haseo and how he's connected to Signs but that still doesn't really make me want to play it.

Hack is the last one through to the semis! Thank you for all the support with this so far everybody! And Atelier Iris bites the Alchemy dust with Edward Elric's arm.

*CLOSED*