Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Were Tifa and Aeris friends?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Were Tifa and Aeris friends?

Because most of the game they're pretty y to one another. Frankly, I don't understand why they'd fight over a short, moody trout with ridiculous hair (although Aeris' bangs...), but whatever.

Were they actually friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

If you take them both out of the party, they seem to be together speaking to each other and just chatting sometimes, so going to say yeah. Not to mention how heartbroken and crushed Tifa is when Aerith "goes on holiday ".

I remember them chatting together in Junon and Cosmo Canyon if you don't take them to the observatory.

At first, they are a bit bitchy to each other, but after Junon and beyond, they seem to become friends.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I'm with maybee on this one. At first tifa is jealous of Aeris but then after they get to know each other for a while they start to forget about all that stuff.
    I wonder if anyone actually is friends with cait sith cos i dont remember anything between him and anyone else

Edit: also im pretty sure Aeris like cloud cos he looked like Zack. and Tifa was with him for a long time and a childhood "friend", so thats why they fought over him

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Edit: also im pretty sure Aeris like cloud cos he looked like Zack. and Tifa was with him for a long time and a childhood "friend", so thats why they fought over him
    Naaaah. Aerith wanted to know the real Cloud. She says on their date which is the Canon Gold Saucer date, that she wants to meet the "real you ", and she knows that he reminds her of Zack, but she's not interested in that. She's moved on.

Aerith is curious by Cloud and wants to know what he's really like.

Tifa fancies Cloud because he saved her from a falling death while she was exploring Mt Nibel when they were children and sort of has a "Damsel " kink/ fantasy going on. Tifa is weeeeird because she likes being a butt-kicking warrior, but she also likes being saved by her "knight ".

It could be worse though, there are worse kinks out there.

I can't even remember a single instance of either of them being umaroy to the other. Friends might be pushing it though. They didn't know each other for terribly long.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The closest they ever got to being rivals or jealous of each other due to Cloud was when they first met in Don Corneo's mansion - there is a mild line from Tifa when Cloud says Aeris helped him that could be read as jealousy, but after that, they seem fine. They even seem to be joking along with each other in that same scene about how Cloud must feel to have to stand there and listen to the two of them call him "nothing", so they were bonding even then.

It's pretty cool that they didn't bother with a rivalry, really, in my opinion.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

lol y'all men do NOT understand female frenemies if you think the only time they were somewhat rude is in the mansion

hahahahaha

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Returning to this thread because I remembered another scene - when they're in the cells at the Shinra Building, there's slight moment when Aeris finds out Cloud and Tifa are in the same cell, but again, it goes by pretty quickly.

I'd like to hear about the scenes I overlooked, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    lol y'all men do NOT understand female frenemies if you think the only time they were somewhat rude is in the mansion

hahahahaha
    lmao if you think the team of male japanese video game story writers conveyed any subtle nuance of frenemy psychology in their sword and monsters game

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gashtacular View Post

hahahahaha
    lmao if you think the team of male japanese video game story writers conveyed any subtle nuance of frenemy psychology in their sword and monsters game
    i never once implied it was subtle

I think you're embellishing the level of interaction they have in the game. Even if you exclusively have both Tifa and Aeris in your party at all times where that's possible, I doubt it's very much. They probably each say their scripted thing with no cognition of who else is in the party. Or to put it another way, even though I didn't have both in my party at all times, I've probably seen all the interaction between them the game has to offer and there's precious little rudeness between them, subtle or otherwise.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

yeah, i agree, ffvii is a bad game

Nice trolling.