Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Were Tifa and Aeris friends?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Trolling is a word that has lost all meaning, and this is an example of why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    this is my life ur talkin about

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Everything in their interactions said to me they were friends when dealing with anything other than their rivalry for Cloud, but I imagine that it's very easy for a lot of people to project their own feelings and personality traits, or those of people they know, into the characters.

Thankfully a lot of things in this game are very open to interpretation and personal preference, and I love that the developers have embraced this rather than giving "this is the correct opinion" declarations like some other media companies have done.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Whatever. I'm not saying it's trolling because you don't like FF7, but because you tried to put words in my mouth that you probably knew I didn't intend. It's light trolling, but I think it still qualifies. There might be a better word for it, but whatever.

yeah, i agree, ffvii is a bad game
    ?

What FF do you like ?

Probably 12. Everybody who hates real FF loves 12. I guess because it's practically a WRPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Probably 12. Everybody who hates real FF loves 12. I guess because it's practically a WRPG.
    This doesn't make any sense because FF12 embraces the world of Final Fantasy Tactics. Which is a Final Fantasy.

Also, the main characters and NPCs have bad fashion sense.

If somebody is strolling around town wearing baggy ripped 2000 pants with a pink thong on top- hunny it's a real FF.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Aerith sasses Tifa a fair bit but I don't remember her returning fire.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Poooor ff12
    Ff12 is as much a jrpg as ffix and ffv, the other 2 best games imo.
    Although as WZ pointed out on discord, jrpg and wrpg are really not great terms lol.

(Also im pretty sure jinx hates 12 too but meow)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Whatever. I'm not saying it's trolling because you don't like FF7, but because you tried to put words in my mouth that you probably knew I didn't intend. It's light trolling, but I think it still qualifies. There might be a better word for it, but whatever.
    sh*tposting my dude

also, i love ff9 and hate ff12

Well that's respectable. The only complaints I have on 9 are the lull that sets in about halfway through disc 2 and runs through most of disc 3 and the kind of cringeworthy "haha my eidolon is better than your eidolon" behavior in the same period. I honestly believe that if the entire game were as good as the first disc it would be my favorite FF. Mostly that stuff wears on me on replays. FF9 was actually my favorite immediately after playing it.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 10-13-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Well that's respectable. The only complaints I have on 9 are the lull that sets in about halfway through disc 2 and runs through most of disc 3 and the kind of cringeworthy "haha my eidolon is better than your eidolon" behavior in the same period. I honestly believe that if the entire game were as good as the first disc it would be my favorite FF. Mostly that stuff wears on me on replays. FF9 was actually my favorite immediately after playing it.
    Thats a cool opinion since id think thats most people's favourite part of FFIX. I dont really narrow it down to a part since I love the entire game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's funny. I remember years ago being one of the outliers who actually loved FFIX when everyone hated it. Now it's one of the most well-loved entries in the series (I'd still say FFVII and FFVI love beat it out).

It's been so long, I don't know what I would have called their relationship at the time, but now that I've grown up and experienced life a tad, I can say from what I remember that their relationship was more like co-worker friendship than real friendship. They are both kind souls and wouldn't want anything bad to happen to each other, and enjoyed each other's company while they were around each other, but I don't think either of them would have went out of their way to visit one another outside of the immediate party relationship they had in the game. I think they liked each other to a degree and appreciated each other's existence. And that might be a kind of friendship or close acquaintance, but I don't feel like they're anywhere close to besties or anything. They're just both polite caring people who can enjoy each other's company given the opportunity

Edit: Also, I flip-flopped on 12, but still hate 9. And while I called out the pacing in another thread, I've always felt the theme of the game to be very pastel. The look, the music, the story, was always too light and colorful for my tastes. And while I considered most of the game to be a chore, I wasn't consciously aware that there was a noticeable downgrade in content and pacing in the middle, but that could go a long way to explaining why that feeling of boring pastel content has stuck with me

It's funny. I remember years ago being one of the outliers who actually loved FFIX when everyone hated it. Now it's one of the most well-loved entries in the series (I'd still say FFVII and FFVI love beat it out).
    Remember that too. Everybody hated the character designs believing that it was babyish or something.