Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metal Gear: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Is it sad the only dialouge of her's I remember is her yelling at me for hiding under a table after attacking her?

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    Is it sad the only dialouge of her's I remember is her yelling at me for hiding under a table after attacking her?
    Haha. What? They actually have dialogue for that? I kind of remember that you can attack her and she reacts to it, but I didn't know they included details like that in her reactions.

Yeah, it's especially amusing because, as I recall anyway, Snake will automatically crawl out from wherever you are hiding when she does it and she kicks you for attacking her. I kind of wonder if they put in other ways to mess with Meryl in Twin Snakes.

Wasn't that done by someone else? Though it wouldn't surprise me since they kept up the antics on sons of liberty. I remember threads on pervy antics. Like for some hostage situation there's supposed to be a girl wearing a skirt who will close her legs if you try to score a panty shot with a sniper scope and people said you could tranquilize her if you really wanted a look lol or you could knock out Otacons sister and go prone on top of her and then phone Otacon and supposedly he goes crazy yelling at you for messing with his sister

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All the ladies: Meryl, E.E., and Eva will say something if you stare too long at them in first person mode. Kojima put an insane level of detail into these games when it came to screwing around. If you have Raiden walk into the ladies restroom and go into a stall while down on one knee in front of the toilet, you can call the Colonel and Rosemary who chastise you for being perverted.

Codec calls are the best part if the series.

'What do you mean it doesn't run out of ammo?'
    'It has an infinity symbol carved on the chamber.'

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

When I first heard about Metal Gear Solid it was in EGM. They had a huge feature on what a big game it was going to be. I was too hyped on Ocarina of Time in those days, and I never thought the NES version of Metal Gear was all that great, so I didn't really take the game seriously at first.

A friend bought it a few months after it came out. When I sat down and watched the game what drew me in of all things was how professional the voice acting was, especially when compared to other games at the time. My friend, having played the game a couple of times already, skipped cutscenes and codec conversations so when I borrowed it I would still be surprised by the story.

Not long after I borrowed my friend's copy and beat it, I secured my own copy and got every MGS game after that (of the main series) on day one. I love all of them to an extent. I am in the camp where I feel MGS3 was the best one even though all the menu diving you have to do (if you want to play stealth style) can get irritating.

I always think it's funny what fans of the series complain about sometimes. MGS2 has its problems, but one of things that baffled me about people dog piling on that game is that "the villains were over the top."

Oh, so a floating psychic, cosplay cowboy man, Native American stereotype wielding an aircraft mini gun, a pill popping sniper who is willing to wait weeks to get her target was all in the realm of possibility.

But a fat dude on roller blades. NOW YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR!!!

Also, anyone who goes into a MGS game and complains about cheesy dialogue and long cutscenes is an idiot. You know what you are getting into by now since 2001 (the point where a lot of people think MGS started to truly go off the rails).

Anyway, I am sure someone will have a hair up their ass about my opinion, so HAVE AT YOU!!

*fights on top of Rex unit*

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm not really into Smash that much, but this is still pretty great.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A little holiday cheer from the Snake family.