Thread: When a minor character is your favorite character in a movie or show

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default When a minor character is your favorite character in a movie or show

Why do you think that is?

i.e. When someone's favorite Star Wars character is Greedo.

On paper there's nothing about their motivations, accomplishments, or screen time that would lean them to someone's favor. Maybe not even a memorable line. And yet sometimes a minor character in a show will become your favorite character.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it can be easier for us to identify with the smaller folks, sense so few of us get to go on intergalactic adventures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Like Jinx says, minor characters can be more relateable. For example, I might well feel more affinity with a minor gay character (as they often are) than for the main character.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think something else that might play into it is not wanting to have the same favorite character as everyone else, consciously or not, which would set you apart from a casual fan and make you more interesting to talk to about a subject.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I think something else that might play into it is not wanting to have the same favorite character as everyone else, consciously or not, which would set you apart from a casual fan and make you more interesting to talk to about a subject.
    Thats until that minor character becomes a meme and suddenly its everyones favourite lol

It means they like shooting first or not shooting first. There are literally no other reasons to have Greedo as a favorite character.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Thats until that minor character becomes a meme and suddenly its everyones favourite lol
    My cabbages!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Madril is the best character in LotR and his death at the hands of Gothmog in RotK is the thematic low point of the trilogy. If you disagree you don't understand cinema please be quiet.

(Although if you think Gamling is the best instead then you're ok I guess)

It's hard for me to think of examples of this, but the ones that do come to mind often deal with comedy surrounding them or something about them striking me as interesting and unnoticed by most people. So, comedy and elitism, maybe? I dunno. Gotta get my OG cred for noticing Tarkin was awesome in the original Star Wars before everyone else, yo.

Seriously though, I love Cushing's look in that film, so good.