Thread: Horror Games

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Braaaaaains Horror Games

So if you really look at Square-Enix's backlog of games, two of the closest they come to horror titles is Parasite Eve and Vagrant Story to a lesser extent. My question is would you be interested in seeing Squenix tackling a horror RPG? What do you think about Square's previous attempts?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

The final dungeon of XV is like genre shift to horror. I'd love to see another Parasite Eve or Vagrant Story.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    The final dungeon of XV is like genre shift to horror. I'd love to see another Parasite Eve or Vagrant Story.
    A lot of Final Fantasy XV's dungeons had horror elements like jumpscares and creepy atmospheres to them. A lot of the caves had moments like that, and the infamous Chapter 13 had one or two too. It happened too many times for it not to be a deliberate design choice to make it part horror. It's really jarring for a FF game to have that stuff, but then when you think about it, exploring a dark spooky cave or an enemy military facility probably would be absolutely smurfing terrifying so I kinda get why they did it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

ill agree with that, i was actually genuinely unnerved with the behemoth encounter. probably my favourite part of the game that i played. and that ice cave was pretty creepy too,

I'm actually playing a horror game published through the Square Enix Colective called Tokyo Dark which has been pretty fun so far. You play as Ayami Itō, a detective desperately trying to solve the mystery of her missing partner. To uncover the truth, you'll have to dive into Tokyo's dark underbelly, confronting strange and unreal sights while struggling to maintain your sanity. Your decisions and actions change Detective Ito's state of mind, opening doors to different possibilities as you attempt to find your partner and understand the dark and horrifying world around you. Explore the many sides of Detective Itō and discover all 11 exciting conclusions to her story in this Point & Click - meets Visual Novel - narrative adventure that questions the very core of Ito's sanity.

http://www.tokyodark.com/index.html