Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomura Wants To Remake The Whole FFVII Compilation

Default Nomura Wants To Remake The Whole FFVII Compilation

Source here : https://gematsu.com/2018/11/nomura-v...asy-vii-remake

As somebody who hated Crisis Core, DOC and Advent Children I'm screaming right now. Please don't Nomura. Plus, this is going to be so much work on top of the remake. I'm so mad right now.

This remake is going to take a century to come out.

Just leave the compilation alone, it was BAD. And it's not worth it adding on the already heavy remake pile.

What do you think? Are you happy about this news? Or No?
    Last edited by maybee; 11-07-2018 at 05:55 AM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

havent played the compilation, but i really wish SE didnt make add on's to a game as they are almost always sub par or inferior to the original. i guess XIII-2 and LR
    were kinda better than 13 but i dunno .
    im not too mad about it as i have seen what they do with long dev time in FFXV, which isnt very great imo. who knows they might actually make the other compilation games better.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Worst case scenario, it'll be chronological and we'll have to play Crisis Core before we can start VII proper. And probably that phone app Before Crisis too. Do they happen at the same time? Would we do a couple of missions as Zack and then hop over to Reno?

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Worst case scenario, it'll be chronological and we'll have to play Crisis Core before we can start VII proper. And probably that phone app Before Crisis too. Do they happen at the same time? Would we do a couple of missions as Zack and then hop over to Reno?
    Oh frick, please no no no no no.

That would just ruin the surprise and shock about Cloud's past about why it doesn't make any sense and that he's an unreliable narrator. You could argue that most people today know about Crisis Core and its story, but there are people out there who still don't know about Aerith ''floating down the river.''

If it was like, we spent some time with Zack or Reno after the truth comes out, that could maybe be okay.

Knowing SE this is all going to be DLC- Vincent wants to hunt down Hojo with his guns, please pay $10 for his story. Cloud now has Final Fantasy Cancer, please pay $10 for his story....

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be fair to Nomura, if you read his answer to the question that garnered this response which was basically a non-Japanese fan asking when will we ever see Before Crisis, Nomura mentioned he would like to do something with the Compilation to accompany the remake. He never said he was going to remake them, of anything, they might remaster a few of them and release those in the months before the Remakes release, which is something his team wouldn't need to work on and could be handed over to a third party to do it.

Also, for those wondering why this remake is taking so long, according to Nomura in this interview it's because KHIII's development is eating into his and a few other staff members time, so until it releases, VIIR's development is going to be a bit sluggish.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Oh nice, I was looking for something to do in 2038.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Not at all what he said, though.

Also, on top of what Wolf Kanno said, the remake was scrapped and restarted after 2 years of CC2 developing it. Initial plans for its release may very well have been 2020, but add 2 years and then add probably another 1-2 years because they handed it to people that were/are busy with KH3 development.
    Last edited by WarZidane; 11-07-2018 at 11:01 AM.

I was already worried about the remake meaning they would introduce trout from the compilation into FFVII. This confirms it. On the bright side, if they're remaking the compilation, maybe they could fix it to, but considering there was no call for most of that trout to begin with, I find it highly unlikely they could polish those turds into something good.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

By all accounts, I am convinced they like what they put in the compilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    I was already worried about the remake meaning they would introduce trout from the compilation into FFVII. This confirms it. On the bright side, if they're remaking the compilation, maybe they could fix it to, but considering there was no call for most of that trout to begin with, I find it highly unlikely they could polish those turds into something good.
    Since Tabata has gone, maybe they can make Crisis Core less Tabata-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    By all accounts, I am convinced they like what they put in the compilation.
    On The Way To A Smile just got translated into English recently, so yeah, think that they do too.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Toriyama will direct it and make Zack just as angsty and gloomy as modern Cloud and Lightning, oh and Aerith will somehow stop a Slum rebellion by singing a cheesy J-Pop song with Gackt..er Genesis. The game will also strip out the action-rpg combat and be nothing but the DMV slots for everything at which Toriyama will pronounce how awesomely innovate he is. They'll then release it for mobile phones.

There's your new Crisis Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Toriyama will direct it and make Zack just as angsty and gloomy as modern Cloud and Lightning, oh and Aerith will somehow stop a Slum rebellion by singing a cheesy J-Pop song with Gackt..er Genesis. The game will also strip out the action-rpg combat and be nothing but the DMV slots for everything at which Toriyama will pronounce how awesomely innovate he is. They'll then release it for mobile phones.

There's your new Crisis Core.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I actually wouldn't mind if they gave the compilation the "Kingdom Hearts 1.5" treatment.

One collection containing Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, and a "movie version" of Before Crisis. Not a ground up remake, just a new coat of paint. Outsource the remaster to a team who can pretty it up and slap a PS4 sticker on that bad boy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well apparently the Internets speculation about his commentary implying that KHIII is delaying the VIIR made Nomura come back in another interview to explain that game is in full production.

Granted, I'm not sure how much I would trust this info since he kind of said the same thing about Versus XIII.