Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Squenix's Best Non-Final Fantasy game

Pretty sure it will be Chrono Trigger but I could be surprised. Heck, it might even be DQ7 if Xenogears splits the CT vote. I'm almost certain that either game alone would soundly beat DQ7 though.and tbh, I doubt DQ7 will get more than 2 votes tops, so even with a split vote, it'll probably come in third.

I was 100% sure it would be CT before the event, I'm still sure it will be CT, unless people are just trying to be iconoclasts.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So I'm doing the final round a bit differently. I figured a straight vote would be boring and at the rate some of the voting has been going, I figured this would be pretty anti-climatic. So to keep this interesting, I'm splitting the final round into three threads where you'll vote between the three finalist based on one aspect of the game: Storytelling (Plot and Characters) Gameplay (Battle system and mini-game/sidequests), and Artistry (Music and Art direction)

The winner of this tournament will be determined by the culmination of votes from all three threads which means that this can be any games chance if they get an overwhelming lead in one of the categories. Perhaps this will still play out as I saw it, but I figure this will give all three competitors a fighting chance.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'm just happy and completely surprised Dragon Quest VII made it to the finals. Chrono Trigger and Xenogears are the two games I figured it come down to.

So far, DQ7 has netted zero votes among three polls for the finals. It's performing even more poorly than I would have imagined. I'd say the reality is that Xenogears and Chrono Trigger are the two games it came down to

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We have less than ten hours left for the contest, so get your votes in! If you have a particular entry you want to win, now is the time to type up your convincing arguments.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We ended in a tie. So I flipped a coin to see who would win and Chrono Trigger won by chance, though Xenogears is an equally awesome game and I am still mad at many of you for actually praising it and never talking about it.

Thanks to everyone for participating. Good luck to maybee and Final Fantasy Survivor which is coming up next!

Tie in number of total votes maybe, but Xenogears won two out of three races.

Congrts to Chrono Trigger ( and Xenogears !)

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

This was pretty fun. Liked seeing what games made it in. Thanks for hosting.

#xenogearswouldhavewon

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’m really super glad Xenogears got so far! CT was always going to win though, let’s be real

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    #xenogearswouldhavewon
    Some things are simply fate...

Still I was pretty happy with the final three though surprised DQVII made it as far as it did. I honestly didn't think it would have survived the first round and figured DQVIII or XI would be in the final three if not Chrono Cross.