Thread: Prima Strategy Guides Publisher shutting down their offices.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Braaaaaains Prima Strategy Guides Publisher shutting down their offices.

The age of physical strategy guides is getting closer to being a relic of a lost age. Not surprised really, but a little sad for nostalgia's sake. Any guides you loved?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

ffix :^)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

The one in the back of the FFIV manual that takes you through to the underworld. . I'm not much for purchasing guides so I haven't had many.

Prima always scored second in the big name official guides for me. Brady was always the ones i got. Prima picked up the pace later but usually for games I didn't care much for. I respected their existence though. So this is a little disheartening

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Prima just published their last guide today, it was for Anthem.

I definitely have fond memories reading Prima guides, I'll have to look through my guide collection and see which ones I have. I've always liked getting them, if nothing else for the great art inside. Also in the early 2000s it was easy enough to go down to the local mall and find a shelf of strategy guides in the book store. But the book store is gone now. Actually, so is the mall.

This was inevitable in the internet age. GameFAQs walkthroughs and YouTube videos are just too plentiful (and free) to purchase a guide which may have some missing or incorrect information. Can't kill progress.

Guides in recent years have tried to have extra incentive to buy them, like an exclusive art print or DLC codes, but here we are.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I went to go look at my guides and they're all Brady or Nintendo Official Guides, whoops.

After a physical copy is nice and all. Nothing beats being able to ctrl+F whatever you're looking for. And with phones and tablets being a thing, the one advantage of having the strategy guide right beside isn't anymore. And laptops always had that and ctrl+F.

I have this giant hardcover guide for Xenoblade X. That's really nice.