Thread: Post Game Gran Pulse Content and Farming

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Post Game Gran Pulse Content and Farming

Who here has beat the game and tried to brave the post game?

I just finished my 3rd playthrough (since 2009) and I think this is the first time I've ever attempted the post game at any length.

Unless you're a trophy/achievement aficionado or want to complete every cie'th stone mission, it's not worth it. Depending on your farming method, you could spend the length of the story (40 hours) just on farming for money and upgrading your equipment alone.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

that sound bad... I was about to try a trophy run. I have the other 2 games at 100% and figure the pandemic is a good Time as any to make this one 100 too... hmmm

I got the platinum back when I first played it, and I had a lot of fun. The later Cie'th Stone missions have some of the best battles in the game.
    Playing Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood

Final Fantasy Games Completed

II, IV, VI, VII, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns, XV, Type-0

I might replay it when I get my Xbox Series S, assuming they make the same enhancements available that they did on the One X. I only ever played the game once about a decade back, and I quite enjoyed it (certainly more than most people seemed to).

FFXIV Character

Aldo Mito (Malboro)

I'm on my third playthrough myself, twice on PS3 and now on Steam. On my second playthrough, I got most of the trophies; I'm about to the point where I need to just grind out materials for weapons (already did the accessories). I'm at 110 hours on the file, and I don't regret my time spent. But, I have a secret: I only really grind after chilling with my bong. The whole experience is nice and relaxing.

I really agree with remy5623's statement about the Cie'th stone missions later on, some of the "trial" fights can be really fun to try and work through. Walkthroughs or OP equipment also suffice.

As props for the Steam version: Running in 60 fps (consistently-ish) makes the battles so much more of a spectacle. I haven't yet messed with GeDoSaTo to get rid of the stutters from the emulation, but the smoothness boost is super welcome. I just love watching all of the animations.