So at the end of FFX, we do something pretty awesome: we save Spira from the menace of Sin... and erase the existence of Dream Zanarkand. As we know from Tidus, they aren't really any less 'real' than 'real people', they are human beings with ambitions, careers, love lives, they just live in Dream Zanarkand which appears to be a kind of utopia, at least, the people there seem to be living pretty great lives and outside of the Sin attack in the opening, don't really have to worry too much about their own survival.

None of these people have really done anything wrong really, however, their sin is their ignorance; for them to even exist, all of Spira suffers under Sin's presence. Doesn't even matter that it's not their fault, the inescapable reality is that their existence is tied to the suffering of an entire people.

FFX doesn't really go into this much, but in the end, Tidus and Jecht basically make the decision that the suffering of the people of Spira is more important than the existence of their home utopia and decide to end the dream, essentially killing everyone there, for the sake of the people of Spira. This is kinda a pretty heavy thing to go through with!

But I'm curious, so now I turn to you guys. Let's not make this a topic about the merits and faults of FFX, but rather, regardless of whether you like the game or not: what are your feelings on this particular point? Do you feel it's just, or even a moral imperative, to commit genocide on a people to free those that suffer horribly from their existence? Or, since they really aren't themselves at fault for any of it, do you feel it's morally reprehensible to do so? Would you have judged Tidus if he had turned the other way and not let them destroy Yu Yevon, fighting for his home's right to exist instead? Or would you have even supported him in it?

Maybe a pretty loaded topic, but I'd love to see what people feel about this.