Thread: Favorite Grinding spot?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: Favorite Grinding spot?

Don't give me that look, I know we all grind a little in these games, especially if you have to grind abilities separately or money is hard to come by. So in some of your favorite games, what are your favorite grind spots?

The one strip of terrain in Dragon Warrior near Tantegel, where you can fight Scorpions instead of the usual slimes, but then retreat one step to safety when you start to get low and just take a very quick walk back to town.

I never grind in modern games, as it is pointless to do so.

Junon in FF7. Hit that alarm and you can level up like crazy early in the game.

Outside Fabul in FF4. This is where I kill everyaone except Rydia off and level her up on bombs until she learns Meteo (well I did that once, but otherwise it's just a good place to bump up the levels a bit).

I'm sure I have lots more, but those are ones that come to mind immediately.

Here's a one that I don't particularly care for as a bonus. In Suikoden 3 there's a trick where you can keep gaining levels by winning a war battle and then dying. It takes a lot of patience, especially since winning the battle can come down to random chance a lot (you don't have to win it to proceed) before you've stacked up several levels.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

FFVII - The forest around Mideel.
    FFVIII - The Island Closest To Hell, I think it was called.

I remember finding areas of Uncharted games and Batman: Arkham Asylum that had loads of guys that were great for racking up kills/KOs.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!