Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Endgame - Unmarked Spoilers in this thread!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Default Avengers: Endgame - Unmarked Spoilers in this thread!

"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Bumping as it's out this week!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hope anyone heading to watch it enjoys it!

So is this the last one?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Hope anyone heading to watch it enjoys it!

So is this the last one?

I suspect there'll be more...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Saw it last night. Man, smurf that cheeseburger bit, I almost cried and I've never cried at cinema. Best laughs were Hulk smashing and Cap's "I know..." bit. I'll probably get stick for this but for both my partner and I the worst bit was the immersion breaking woman power scene, it really wasn't necessary, and if they want to give women more relevance how about giving them more screen time instead? Maybe give Black Widow even quarter as much mourning as you give Iron Man?

But overall I liked it. Had the right mix of humour and seriousness at the right times, and had feels.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Hawkeye: I must sacrifice myself!
    Black Widow: No, it has to be me. For you see, you have more Oscar nominations
    *she dies*
    Banner: Looks like I'm safe then!

Much better than Infinity War (not difficult admittedly), some really great moments. A great film? Ehhhhh probably not. Hovering between 6 and 7 out of 10 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Saw it last night. Man, smurf that cheeseburger bit, I almost cried and I've never cried at cinema. Best laughs were Hulk smashing and Cap's "I know..." bit. I'll probably get stick for this but for both my partner and I the worst bit was the immersion breaking woman power scene, it really wasn't necessary, and if they want to give women more relevance how about giving them more screen time instead? Maybe give Black Widow even quarter as much mourning as you give Iron Man?

But overall I liked it. Had the right mix of humour and seriousness at the right times, and had feels.
    You know, I thought the woman power bit would have been really cool if the character they were backing up wasn't Carol smurfing Danvers, the one who is so ridiculously OP she had to be the other side of the galaxy for most of the movie so she couldn't just insta-win every encounter. Seeing she had just one-hit KO'd the alien flying mega-fortress about 10 seconds ago, all the characters they brought in to protect her kinda ended up looking rather puny and irrelevant.

Cool shot, but swing and a miss on that one.

Overall - I liked it but wasn't blown away by it. I prefer Infinity War, but this was still a mostly extremely good movie.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

During the female team up I was distracted by wondering how convenient it was that all of them happened to be standing in the same spot of this huge and expansive battlefield. But it was awesome, and I immediately classified it under the "Rule of Cool".

Was reading an interesting article on how the potential Black Widow movie could make Natasha's death retroactively emotional, but it just doesn't work as it is presently.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/4/26/18...one-marvel-mcu

Quote Originally Posted by paraphrase
    The moment is underserved both by the way her scrap with Hawkeye is framed as a “fun” moment pretty much up until the jump and the degree to which Black Widow as a character hasn’t been given the proper room to breathe despite being in over 7 movies.
    I thought it was a pretty good movie, but some reviews are overselling it. I think people are in their honeymoon phase right now and super hyped over the idea of getting a climax to a 20+ movie journey, but when the dust settles I think it'll sit pretty at a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Overall I really enjoyed Endgame. It's funny as that "all female" moment, as soon as it happened I said to my friend "this is going to be all over the internet" - and 'lo behold.

I must admit though, as much as I liked Captain Marvel's own movie - her presence in Endgame felt largely redundant, she was too OP for the situation and it felt like the writers really didn't know what to do with her.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

About the ladies suddenly being all in shot I thought, "well, this is gratuitous, but not in the way it used to be. I'll take it."

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Overall - I liked it but wasn't blown away by it.
    Same. I'm not sure whether I'd give it a 7/10, or an 8/10, I go back and forth.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The last few minutes of the film is all I really needed in life so...

I guess that's it for me then.

I was supposed to see this on Friday with some folk from work, but it's fallen through again.

-sigh-
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It was good. Like most in this thread I wasn't blown away by it, but I also have no real gripes with it. I thought it was a respectful way to usher out the old and hint at the new. I don't think the next Marvel arc will be as successful as this one, but at the same time I don't see these movies going anywhere anytime soon.

It's funny to think how much I didn't think it would work back in the day. I remember hearing about the plans for the MCU back when Iron Man was the only film out. Besides enjoying seeing Samuel L. Jackson, I rolled my eyes at that post credit bit in Iron Man. Even when I saw early photos of the first Avengers movie I thought that while crossover stuff may work in comics, doing something like that would be too goofy and bloated to have so many different character with different tones being in one spot. Now looking back the original Avengers movie is so quaint.

I got a Mortal Kombat Trilogy vibe watching the movie's climax. I mean this in a spiritual sense. Back in the original games like most people around my age I really got into the MK series. When Mortal Kombat Trilogy dropped the concept of the game alone along with seeing all the versions of all characters in one spot amazed me. It pushed the spectacle so far past the point of absurdity there was order in the chaos. That same vibe I got. I'm sitting there watching this remembering this all started with a disgraced alcoholic actor punching The Dude himself, Jeff Bridges with a damn bald cap on. And here I am watching this...madness unfold and going, "Yeah, I understand this."

There were many other things I enjoyed about the film. To sum up everything, from a big picture sense the movie was satisfying, but nothing truly outstanding. However, there were plenty of really cool moments that were pulled off gracefully sprinkled throughout the film. Also, the pacing was well done. It both felt and didn't feel it's length.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Okay saw it.

I feel... hmmm. I feel the first like half was longer then necessary.

Fat thor was the best part

Also how did cap put the soul stone back? Cause the soul was already taken. So him taking that one back had no point, it was useless. You're just stuck with that one

I'm interested in seeing how old gamora melds with the guardians as well.