Thread: 6970

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: 6970

That's the number of "..." you'll see minimum before you finish Xenogears. Let's discuss one of the most intricate and battrout crazy stories ever released by Square.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why did Citan wait until after Friday’s and Elly are the meat before telling them it was people? Like, this is the one that bothers me since I’m having trouble reconciling it with the image of Citan I have in my head. Was it meant to teach them something?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Citan is the ultimate troll, honestly I would have done the same thing. Perhaps he let them eat it because if he hadn't Fei may have become more judgemental and so he made him an accessory to Solaris crimes as well to humble him into understanding that the citizens are unaware of how far their government has gone and made them unwilling do some heinous things. Honestly I can think of a few reasons why Citan would do it that goes along with this line of thinking.

Trying to drum up some nostalgia for Xenogears before the final?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like how the game first uses the “humans as angels with one wing” metaphor as a kind of heartwarming idea, but then if you look at it from a literal standpoint, it kinda foreshadows the “humans as Deus’ spare parts” twist

How about Krelian with two wings? Does that mean he's not human? Speaking of Krelian, I definitely have to say that one of the reasons Xenogears is one of my favorite ganes is Krelian is one of the best villains in games. He manipulates everyone, even Deus.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Trying to drum up some nostalgia for Xenogears before the final?
    It's more about finding this humorous article and feeling a need to share.

I wonder how many (intentionally) unclear pronoun references there are. Probably not as many, but its still got to be lots. Any dialogue by the Gazel Ministry probably includes at least one per sentence.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How about Krelian with two wings? Does that mean he's not human? Speaking of Krelian, I definitely have to say that one of the reasons Xenogears is one of my favorite ganes is Krelian is one of the best villains in games. He manipulates everyone, even Deus.
    I've always liked Krelian because he's not really evil in the long run. Well-Intention Extremist? Oh yeah, but his overall plan would have probably been better for humanity than the rate the world was going anyway. Course he eliminated the Gazel Ministry as well while Fei neutralized Grahf, so even with the decimated population, Xeno's world doesn't have any extreme threats at the moment unless the xenophobic "real" humanity shows up...

I wonder how many (intentionally) unclear pronoun references there are. Probably not as many, but its still got to be lots. Any dialogue by the Gazel Ministry probably includes at least one per sentence.
    That would be amusing to count as well.

Near extinction level genocide at least partially facilitated by him is enough to probably qualify him as evil in my books regardless of intention, but I do think he's a synpathetic evil.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Idk. He was pretty much doing the stuff he did to augment humanity. When you get to a stage where a genocide or two may benefit humanity in the long run, are the notions of good and evil even applicable anymore?

Uh....yes, yes they definitely are.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Technically the people he fed to Deus were transformed back into it's biomass, so they may not actually be dead and likely went with him to the Wave Existence, so he may not have caused the death of as many people as we believe.

I mean, fine, I guess maybe, but he didn't exactly ask if they wanted to effectively end their lives and join the wave existence or get slaughtered first...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Utopia justifies the Means. Since the overall concept of Krellian's plan and the world of Xenogears itself is based on Gnostic beliefs, the people who went with Krellian are debatably better than off than Fei's group. Course Fei's own story is kind of a rejection of Gnostic and even Buddhist thought.

I never really saw Krelian as evil or even a villain. Manipulative bastard at times? Sure, but he was always a lesser evil compared to just about everyone else on the villains side that weren't Ramsus and the Emperor.