View Poll Results: Which game had the best aduio/visuals?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dragon Quest VII

0 0%
  • Chrono Trigger

3 42.86%
  • Xenogears

4 57.14%

Thread: Square-Enix's Best Non-FF Game Finals: Artistic Round

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Square-Enix's Best Non-FF Game Finals: Artistic Round

This round deals with art direction such as character designs, the visuals of the setting as well as music and overall ambience.

VS.

VS.

Lol, my first vote for Xenogears. May get hate for this, but I've always hated the Dragonball Z style.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even though Chronicles Trigger is ond ifvthe best designed games ever and one that I come back to very often because it’s jjst so good, I voted Xenogears. I know CT will most likely get enough votes to win because c’mon, its CT, but wouldn’t it be cool if Xenogears has a fighting chance?

Like I said earlier, I’ve recently realized that Xenogears has had a bigger impact on me, my creativity and my expectations of a story than I could have expected. I would not be writing the book that I’m writing without it, most likely. And that is so important to me. So I hope Xenogears can at least get close to winning.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Two of Toriyama's games are going up in the artistic round. Guy gets a lot of flack for his humans all looking alike, but he can draw monsters. Chrono Trigger has one of my favorite soundtracks. Xenogears is fantastic. I can only recall two themes from DQVII.

Well, I had initially planned to vote for Xenogears, but if you break it up this way CT might get more of my votes. If we did just music they would be neck and neck, but I'd probably still go for CT. Adding the overall visual aspect into it, I don't really think Xenogears matches up. Once again, DQ7 doesn't rate, considering this is one of the game's weakest points.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Not a Toriyama fan, though I don't dislike him either. Xenogears' style is definitely my preference here.

And music? Heck, I barely remember any music from CT that's not the main theme or a variation of it. Xenogears I still remember plenty. Odd because CT was also composed by Mitsuda, but eh. I guess I'm a "PSX-era Mitsuda is best Mitsuda" guy.

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    And music? Heck, I barely remember any music from CT
    what