Thread: Which FF games have you never finished?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nom nom nom Which FF games have you never finished?

What it says on the tin, are there any games in the series you've played/owned that you've never finished? I'm not talking completionist stuff, I 'm talking about beating the final boss and seeing the credits.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of the main series, I’ve yet to beat III or V. I’m not sure what happened with V since I was enjoying it a lot. Some other game must have come out and distracted me. I have hardly played any of XI and I have at least beat the original MSQ of XIV, but I don’t really count those towards completion of the series anyways.

I’ve also yet to beat Final Fantasy:Four Heroes of Light, Revenant Wings, or any of the Tactics games. I don’t know if there are any other spinoffs that I’ve played that I haven’t beaten.

A lot of them. FFII (I don't want to, it's not good), FFIII (maybe I will eventually, I don't have a problem with this one, but don't love it either), FFXIII (I might come back to this, but I really didn't care for itl), FFXIV (I actually did try this a bit, but MMOs aren't for me), FFXV (I liked it ok, and might come back to it, but it didn't hold my interest enough and I have a long list of other games I want to get to first).

I'm not going to even bother with sequels or non-numbered entries because once I open that can of worms I'm going to be wasting a bunch of time trying to figure out what all the stupid spinoffs I haven't played are. Suffice it to say, most of the spinoffs, other than FFT, I have not played, but I also haven't played/owned most of them, so it wouldn't fit the question anyway.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I haven't beaten II, XI, or XV of the main series. I've started II a few times just never finished. I got to the v final dungeon once. I missed the boat on XI and I'm playing XV every now and again.

Never played Tactics Advance 2 or Revenant Wings. Our that game that was before Bravely Default.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Haven’t beaten the MMOs and the XIII sequels, as well as type-0. And that’s just the ones that I haven’t started since there are some spinoffs that I haven’t even touched

I got super close to finishing VIII and tactics, but stopped for some reason. I own most of the XIII stuff (XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns) but have never played any of them. Quit VII after the first disc and never touched DoC which I also own. Barely started VI, Chocobo's dungeon 2, and FF Lengend II before I gave up. Games I have finished include I, II, IV, V, IX, X, X-2, XII, and Tactics advanced so completion rate is about 50/50 for me.

Currently playing through X-2, halfway through VIII, at the final dungeon of IX, only a few hours into IV (DS version), 13 or so hours into XII (original PS2 version) and over 30 hours into XIII. I plan on finishing them all except XIII, but I'll be playing the original SNES version for IV and the Zodiac Edition for XII.

I never finished X-2. I tried a few times, and I'll try again eventually, but that game just doesn't catch my interest. Same for Type-0. I also never played II and III yet, and I barely touched the MMO.