Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaming Resolutions 2019

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: Gaming Resolutions 2019

New year is coming and I'm curious if people have any gaming resolutions next year? Going to try to eat into that deficit? Plan on buying a new console or upgrading your PC to a state-of-the-art gaming machine? Going to try and get back into a genre you haven't played in awhile? Maybe marathon an old series you love? Any gaming plans for 2019?

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do some gaming videos for YouTube, if that counts? One of my resolutions in general is to work harder at being a YouTuber in general.

- Continue catching up on some of the million games I have on my backlog.
    - Try not to buy too many games that I am not going to play for years.
    - Make significant progress on the game I am making.

Try to make a dent in my backlog of unfinished games. I've got some FF titles to get through including the XIII saga, VI, and and the last legs of Tactics and VIII. I have some Tales titles in Zestiria and Symphonia 2 as well as Destiny and Eternia. I've got some visual novels to finish up including Stein's Gate, Danaganronpa, and Tokyo Dark; the latter which actually was published by Square Enix. And finally some miscellaneous games including LoZ a Link to the Past, Betrayer in my steam library, and Teen Titans 2 for the GBA. It's just so hard for me to go back and finish old console games when I can play new shiny things on my PC.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I almost finished my resolution from last year. I wanted to get my trophies per day into the positive. I got to 0.99. Not too bad from the 0.68 I started the year with.

I have the same resolution I had last year and the year before. Have my finished game to new game ratio be in the positive. I did that last year too, I finished with a +1. A huge improvement over the -9 of 2017. And I want to work on my getting my trophy completion to 50%. Which falls under the umbrella of finishing games.

That's not how ratios work....

Well, +1 is a ratio of x+1:x, which is a positive number. So I disagree.

Alright, if you're going to split hairs, then I guess I'm going to have to get more specific about it. You can't have a negative ratio of finished games to new games unless at least one of finished games or new games itself can be negative. So unless you've found a way to unplay games, I don't think you ever have to worry about a ratio of -9.

Also, I guess more fundamentally, no it isn't. A ratio of +1 only exists when the two quantities are equal. x+1 is definitely not equal to x.

Good, because now I'm going to teach you how to solve a partial differential equation using separation of variables. Now, suppose that one variable is new games and another variable is finished games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It was a fun thread while it was about Gaming Resolutions 2019.

Speaking of which, I hope to catch up on some of the things on my backlog and actually finish some games I'd been wanting to for a while now. There's other things I'd like to devote time to as well, but we'll see.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Witcher 3, FFX and FFXII Zodiac Age. I own all of these games and note that I also intended to play these in 2018...

As I now have a switch, Breath of the Wild is now on the radar.

Horizon Zero Dawn and Spiderman are new entrants to the list. I don't own them yet though!

I can't answer about my new year's resolutions because the new year starts in February.