Thread: Lot of birthdays this year...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Lot of birthdays this year...

Looking at the calendar for this year, we have a few FF birthdays coming up. FFVI will be having it's 25th birthday this year, FFVIII will be turning 20, and just to make you really feel old, FFXIII turns ten this year, and yet my animosity is still burning as hot as it did the day I finished it.

So do you think we might see SE do anything for these anniversary's? What would you like to see?

Personally, I feel we might see a port/remaster of the XIII Saga since that seems to be a thing nowadays, and I imagine we'll see a VI or VIII themed event pop up on one of the mobile entries but overall, I'm not expecting much of anything.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I want them to give VIII the same treatment they gave VII and IX and just rerelease on the PS4/other systems.

I could see a XIII trilogy collection coming out.

VIII: Give it an HD remake like how they did with FFX. Smooth out the graphics and update the music a bit, and everything should be fine. Put it on the PS4, Switch, and PSP if that's still alive and kicking. Maybe add voices too? Remove the "you need 100 to Draw " and make it about 30. Make an official FFVIII card game and put it on the Switch.

VI: Being realistic, I don't think SE is going to do anything for poor VI. I don't think they ever did? I would LOVE for a 3DS remake announcement though. ( with FFV ) I've dreamed of that for YEARS.

XIII :HD Collection for the PS4.

While I understand the appeal of not having to spend as much time drawing, I wonder what the ultimate impact of such a move would be. Are you suggesting that the max number of spells should be 30? Seems a little limiting. Or that the stat bonus should cap at 30. Might be a bit too easy because then you can use 70 surplus spells without affecting stats at all. Then again, I never quite liked the way FF8 encourages hoarding magic over using it too much so maybe that would be a good change. Still I think maybe just increasing the number of spells per draw would be best. I don't expect to see anything for FFVIII, but it would be nice. Actually I don't expect to see anything for any of them this year, but if I were to place odds, remaster of XIII is most likely.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, you almost never need to Draw a hundred of a spell except perhaps Ultima and few status ones like Haste and Double. Remember kids, Refine skills are your friends in VIII.

Yeah, I don't expect anything to come of VI and VIII, but I'm not going to be surprised if XIII Trilogy got ported to the PS4/XBONE as a minor remaster just to tie fans over until the VII Remake comes out. Granted we still have that updated World of Final Fantasy coming as well.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I saw the thread title and thought it was the start of a punchline.

I, for one, have a birthday every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I saw the thread title and thought it was the start of a punchline.

I, for one, have a birthday every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I saw the thread title and thought it was the start of a punchline. I, for one, have a birthday every year.
    I thought the same thing.