Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like Persona 5 might be getting the FES/Golden treatment soon.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I want you to be able to play as a girl, and I want you to be able to romance any character, regardless of gender.

Yes !
    Yepiddy yep yep. I want gay romance options and the choice to play as a female character.

Will we get either of these things? Probably not.

Also, don't play the game online or the gods at Atlus will strike down your account. You have been warned, puny humans

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The one thing I don't want to see but considering the company's trends lately, I'll likely be denied this is the developers hamfisting a new character into the narrative. Like I would love to have the Sae Confidant expanded into a more conventional SL but I'm sure I'm instead going to get some new quirky TV Reporter/DJ who is going to fulfill a role similar to Marie or the new chick from Strange Journey Redux.

I'll also say I would love for either a Female lead option, or a gay option being added into the game. A few new customization options for the rest of the playable cast would be nice as well.

There's already a reporter in the original Confidants, so I doubt they'd go that redundant. They might do someone like Marie, but again with the number of velvet room confidants that might feel too redundant.

This is kind of why I had trouble answering the question. I think some new social links would be nice but I don't see where they would work them in. A Shido social link, for example, would not be believable and would mess up the story. Maybe Ann's friend but she's really too integral to Ann's confidant arc. I think she works best just as Ann's friend. There could be a decent way to work in a completely new character but I'd have to see it. They could flesh out the part time jobs more by adding a social link in one of them. In Persona 4 there were a number of part time jobs tied to social links. In P5 there's hardly any incentive to do any job more than a couple times. Oh yeah! What about Lala from Crossroads as a confidant? That seems like it could work. I know Ohya's link already largely takes place there, but I don't think that's a huge problem. Lala's presence in those scenes isn't so much that it would preclude a social link of her own.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 01-14-2019 at 04:04 AM.

I have this weird feeling Atlus is too obsessed with dancing games recently and will shoehorn that garbage into this re-release

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Nah, their dancing games are just easy cash grabs but not really anything that would help move a re-release.

Assuming it even is a re-release. R could stand for many things, could be a Persona 5 equivalent to P4 Arena, or even a racing game

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will defend the dancing games to my last breath. They’re incredibly fun and the remixes are very nice

Also, yeah, I almost forgot that to Atlus “enhanced rerelease” means “add new waifu”

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    Nah, their dancing games are just easy cash grabs but not really anything that would help move a re-release.

Assuming it even is a re-release. R could stand for many things, could be a Persona 5 equivalent to P4 Arena, or even a racing game
    Atlus registered like 5 different domain names, so it wouldn't be a surprise if one of them was an Arena style game, but it's also likely one of them is also going to be a directors cut version as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    What about Lala from Crossroads as a confidant?
    Sassy drag queen Social Link?! YAAAAAAS!!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    The one thing I don't want to see but considering the company's trends lately, I'll likely be denied this is the developers hamfisting a new character into the narrative. Like I would love to have the Sae Confidant expanded into a more conventional SL but I'm sure I'm instead going to get some new quirky TV Reporter/DJ who is going to fulfill a role similar to Marie or the new chick from Strange Journey Redux.
    Yeah, I mean a new dungeon is fun and all but it's weird to just shove a new character in like that. Especially for players that started with the Golden. And then you need to explain away why we never saw them the first time around it's because magical selective amnesia. Kingdom Hearts has beaten that particular dead horse to the point where it is just wine now and I want to be done with it forever.

I don't recall Marie really being a huge deal change to the narrative. She's just an extra social link character and she's inserted through the Velvet Room, which is mysterious enough still that it seems like an easy way to introduce a new character without them feeling too out of place. Your comment about trying to explain why we never saw them "the first time" is some kind of strange meta-logic that I don't understand why you would even try to reconcile.