Thread: What is your Favorite Comic Book?

Default What is your Favorite Comic Book?

My Favorite Comic Book is Brawling go.
    AND
    What is your Favorite Comic Book?
    I am read dead tube manga at www.mangazuki.me. This is the best place to read the manga and I think dead tube manga is one of the best manga. I prefer to read this manga.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In terms of American Comics, I used to love X-Men and the extended X-Book family until it got kind of stupid sometime around the late 90s post Age of Apocalypse era. I also enjoy Spider-Man but more of his 80s era. I don't read too much DC works, but Neil Gaiman's Sandman series has been quite excellent so far and I also enjoy other big name titles such as V for Vendetta and Watchemn by Alan Moore. For more independent works I enjoy Scott Pilgrim and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

In terms of Manga, well that's a loaded one but I enjoy most of the works by CLAMP with Cardcapture Sakura, X/1999, Tokyo Babylon, RG Veda, and XxX Holic being my faves. I also love Rumiko Takahashi's works such as Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, One Pound Gospel, Rin'ne and Mermaid Scar. For long runner series, I love Yu Yu Hakusho, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, Akira, Assassination Classroom, Ghost in the Shell, and One Piece. For more obscure works, Here is Greenwood is a great as is Angel's Sanctuary once you get past the icky stuff. Speaking of which, Mysterious Girlfriend X Is also an adorable love story manga once you get past the icky and bizarre premise. I'm sure I'm forgetting something as well.

I think I've got a pretty similar view to Wolf Kanno on X-Men. I subscribed to X-Men in the 90s and early 90s up to and including Age of Apocalypse had some of my favorite storylines in the entire run of X-men comics, but after Age of Apocalypse there was definitely a period (which lasted at least until I stopped collecting and probably significantly further) where the storylines got bad and the artwork turned troutty manga. I'm not even someone who usually gets into talking about artwork stuff, but it was really noticeably bad even to me in that period. And they were introducing a bunch of crappy new X-Men during that period...whole thing got bad. Still X-Men overall is probably my favorite comic series. Spider-Man too, which also had similar missteps during the same period with the whole clone arc.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Itís weird because I read the X-Men a bit during the Grant Morrison fun because thatís when they started sticking them in kiosks here and I really dig it. Up to the point when it turned out Xorn was Magneto or something? That was really dumb.

The Alpha and the Omega WarZidane's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I've never really read western comics beyond marvel, but my favorite Marvel comics were the Annihilation event.

As for manga, I've read many series but it's hard to pick a favorite there.
    Hunter x Hunter's great when it's really going but it has severe pacing issues, magnified by the frequent hiatuses and sometimes bad art because of the creator's health issues.
    Sket Dance was mostly great, but decided to never give the main character any growth, which is all the more bothersome when other characters constantly grow.

Then there's a bunch of manga I like reading but wouldn't really call great, like One Piece (mother of pacing issues), Shokugeki no Soma (great art, but pretty weak story), Fairy Tail (weak story and stupid endings to fights), Hajime no Ippo (this has just been going on for too long, end it already), Nanatsu no Taizai (entertaining but shallow, also their power levels are completely out of whack), Attack on Titan (some very weak arcs, pacing issues), UQ Holder (interesting setting, too much fanservice) and the list goes on.

My current ongoing favorite is World Trigger, a monthly series which just got back from a long hiatus.