Thread: Longest shows you've binge watched?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Longest shows you've binge watched?

Right now I'm making my way through the Arrowverse. I'm going by release order so the crossovers and small mentions of other shows make sense. Right now i'm on season 3 of Arrow, season 1 of The Flash and Constantine. And whenever I'm done with these current seasons I can move on to Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow. I think there's 500 something episodes between them all.

I've also been crawling my way through One Piece. There's 800 something episodes (I think) but I take breaks between story arcs so that I don't burn myself out. I've seen 80 something episodes but I started over a year ago.

I guess these could be loosely defined as binges because I'm not gonna sit here and power through a thousand episodes of television, especially when I enjoy other hobbies. It has just been nice to return to something I'm familiar with and make a long haul through a series when the shows I normally watch are in their off seasons.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I'm not sure what the longest show I've binge watched is, after going through so many on Netflix. A lot of them I got into while they were still only 1 or 2 seasons, but there are a few that were already longer by the time I got to them. It'd be one that had more than 3 24-episode seasons by the time I started, like The Blacklist or Pretty Little Liars (don't judge )

My longest binge session, on the other hand, I do know. That was going through 60 22-minute episodes of Fairy Tail in one go (though with drinking/eating breaks, of course). Started on Saturday, finished on Sunday.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I have had weeks where I would just have The Office, Futurama, or Parks and Rec going on in the background at all times I wasn’t at work/school/etc. I’ll have to think on this though.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the worst for me was Baylon 5, came over to a friends house to chat and play some video games and instead he made me binge watch the most of the second season of the show with him. We're talking twenty two hour long episodes. It's a great series, but I could never do that again.

I've learned over the years that I am not really a binge watching person. Which is annoying to most of my friends because they love binge watching stuff, but that might be due to the fact that I don't multi-task very well. When they binge watch something , they're usually on their phones and stuff whereas I'm stuck either focusing solely on it and getting drained by the marathon of the plot or I'm completely ignoring it while doing something else, usually reading the Wiki article on the series so I can see all the spoilers and finally resign myself from having to pay attention anymore. I prefer to focus all of my attention on something, which is why I finally turned around on my old feelings and became more of a film person.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    When they binge watch something , they're usually on their phones
    I wrote a long drawn out paragraph about how these people are the bane of my existence but I deleted it and I'm gonna leave it alone.

In short, I like the movie theater experience. Bring your snacks, silence your cell, don't talk to the person next to you. If you aren't invested in what you're watching than go do something else.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Probably Star Trek TNG. I'd seen lots of it before but binge watched the full series about seven years ago. It wasn't non/stop but it was quick.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The X-Files. Watched almost the entire 11-season run in succession.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Probably Star Trek TNG. I'd seen lots of it before but binge watched the full series about seven years ago. It wasn't non/stop but it was quick.
    Am currently doing this. I just finished TOS (finally, took like 3 years) but now i'm just cruising along with TNG. Nearly done with Season 1 now.

Game of Thrones, probably. I watched 6 seasons of it on a month or two which is probably the fastest I've torn through anything. Granted I don't watch many shows in general, especially things that aren't animated, so I'm sure most people could probably speed through it a lot quicker.

Articles

Does binging a series and then immediately restarting that series a second time count? Because, if so, I've done that with The Office many multiples of times.

At peak depression i've binged Lost, Six Feet Under and The Sopranos. Depending on if I was employed or a student at the time it would be from 3 or 4 episodes a day to as many as can fit in a day

I've also binge-watched those shows while happy, but not with the same amount of bingeiness a day... just 2-3 eps a day with days off probably. I guess definitions of "binge" change a little with how much time you have to watch the shows.

Short shows that are like 20mins long are worse. Haven't watched all seasons but a couple years ago me and the missues binged It's Always Sunny. "Just one more ep!" was our motto at the time hehe

I got through Breaking Bad in a few weeks I think. At the time I was really emotionally blunted but I still was able to appreciate it, which I guess shows what a great show it is. I've been following Better Call Saul since and in some ways it's been even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    The X-Files. Watched almost the entire 11-season run in succession.
    This, uh, this too is my answer. And I regret it. I regret it so much. Scully, ain't no one give a damn about yo baby!
    >_ < /