Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [KH] Will you be mad if????

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

What if she appears in DLC? Does that count?

And you can retire and then immediately come out of retirement. If Paul Scholes can do it anyone can.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Only if it causes another Admin thunderdome scenario.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If she's in DLC I get to ban Fynn.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh please, Paul. You know you’d miss me.

I trust Psy will be more careful with his admin title next time. Staff membership isn’t always easy to get back

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Ooh Fynn no he di'n't!

Anyway the answer to this question is available with a quick Google search now that it's out in Japan. If you're curious and lazy, here are all the Final Fantasy characters in KH3:

(SPOILER)
    Moogles. That's literally it.

So yeah, no Lightning, no broody Cloud, no YRP summon, nothing. So I regret to announce — this is The End. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell.

Goodbye.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)the game actually leaked in December. You could’ve googled that earlier

Anyways, Moogles at this point are as much an FF thing as they are a KH thing, so I don’t think they count as cameos anymore

I watched somebody play the Hercules world on Twitch and

(SPOILER) You see statues of Auron and KH Cloud for a second, before Hades destroys them lol

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Anyways, Moogles at this point are as much an FF thing as they are a KH thing, so I don’t think they count as cameos anymore
    That's like saying Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are just as much a KH thing as they are a Disney thing.

EDIT: My thoughts on the actual topic at hand: If they aren't going to include Final Fantasy characters, at least that's one fewer series I have to bother getting into. I was legit considering buying the series and playing them through after FFIII and FFIV so I could catch up on it and then enjoy all the FF in the latest game but now that's out the window.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Since they've been in the series for so long and have a role that is completely distinct and disconnected that anything that has been done with them in the FF series - and, consequently, many fans who have only played KH may view moogles as a strictly KH thing, as they're not really treated like an FF cameo in it - then yes, I would argue Moogles nowadays are as much a KH thing as they are an FF thing, so I wouldn't count them as a cameo.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I repeat my earlier comparison. Do you view the same of every Disney character that has been in each game?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but I'm actually surprised you'd say Moogles are a KH thing when they only reason they're in there in the first place is because they're an FF thing.

I wonder how many people will ever look at Mickey Mouse and say "oh wow it's that Kingdom Hearts character", and for someone to point out that they're mostly a Disney character, and for the other person to go "Well, they're just as much a KH character as a Disney character, really."

EDIT: To drive the point home: "Each of the Kingdom Hearts II Moogles is named after a notable Final Fantasy Moogle. Most of them are named after Moogles from the Mognet in Final Fantasy IX."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No I don’t because FF characters don’t have nearly enough recognizability to even compare to the Disney characters, some of which have almost a 100-year legacy at this point and are an integral part of pop culture. Of course people will recognize Mickey Mouse as Mickey Mouse faster than they would some pink mole thing from some weird game series that hasn’t even had proper moogles in a main titles since FFXII (XIV if you count MMOs)

KHII happened ages ago, and the moogles are still around without any particular FF names. Many FF elements have faded out over time, and so has the FF-element in the Moogles, who have since become an integral part of the KH universe. They’re not cameos anymore if only because they are never actual characters or guest appearances of actual characters from FF - they’re just the generic shopkeeper in this universe. If Mog or Montblanc popped up - sure that would be a cameo. As they are now, they just don’t fit the bill.

I 100% agree with your point that Moogles are not equally FF and KH things. However, if rephrased, I could probably come around to Fynn's point. I think at this point it's fair to regard Moogles as a general Square mascot as opposed to specifically an FF mascot.

Mog of Montblanc meets Mog of Narshe.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, we’ve reached a point where fans begged for the reintroduction of moogles in the latest FF game and it got delivered in a patch, while every single KH has moogles in the same role they always pop up in the series. Which one feels more like a cameo at this point.

KH does. Definitely KH. A much shorter lived series that specifically included moogles to mash up Disney and FF versus the series that originated Moogles and included moogles in many entries just not having them in the last few entries? It's no contest. They definitely belong to FF more than KH. They shouldn't be considered out of FF just because of the ridiculously long production times on new series entries. There's no way any sensible person would say "oh FFXVI has the moogles from Kingdom Hearts."

I don't think either one counts as a cameo though. Just if it were a contest for which series Moogles belong to, FF would win hands down.
    Last edited by Lord Golbez; 01-28-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still not a cameo anymore with how they’ve been integrated into the series universe. They may originate from FF, but they’re a consistent presence in KH that goes beyond being a simple cameo.

Anyway, I’m done here. If you’ve got the energy to keep this dumb little point going, be my guest. I’m not changing my mind anytime soon.