Given that XIV is the new big deal, XI has been pulled from service. Fans have wanted a sp-version forever and while they say it is a complicated endeavor due to needing a lot of "scratch building", they seem at least motivated.

Personally, I'm a proponent for this potential release. I wasn't able to play XI because going online with the PS2 was a complicated problem for me exacerbated by the fact my family frequently lacked internet access. I also abhor the thought of PC versions even though I have no real reason to. I guess I'm just consolist.

When they mention a lot of "scratch building", I can't help imagining they want the title to be something the size of XV or at least XII. Personally, I'd be satsified if the in-game content came up to that provided by any of the first 7 installments. It doesn't have to be some 90-hour long experience with decades of content shoved into. Sure, they can't fish new players without some easter eggs to bait those who played it before (i.e. every single person in Japan), but if XV has taught us anything, relentless content does not make the end product more enjoyable.