Thread: Episode Ardyn - Prologue is available to watch.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo Episode Ardyn - Prologue is available to watch.

This short sixteen minute anime film will serve as a prologue for next month's final DLC release, Episode Ardyn. The video is subtitled but free to watch on Youtube much like the Brotherhood Episodes from a few years back. The actual final DLC will launch next month on March 26th.

In addition to this, FFXV is to receive a light novel adaption called "Final Fantasy XV: Dawn of the Future". Japanese fans can pre-order the novel as a special editon set which also comes with a Blu-Ray copy of Episode Ardyn Prologue and a few other merchandise goodies.

Source: Siliconera

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I wonder if the novel is what the Noctis DLC was converted into.

The video was nice but it's all just so "too little, too late" for me. I've put the single player experience of XV behind me until a future replay. I think it's a mistake for companies to try and expand the life of a single player game as they would a multiplayer game, the content and the user base just aren't there for it.

I'm also cognizant of the fact that I'm a long time member of a Final Fantasy forum who will talk about any entry on any given day. So it's not that I wouldn't enjoy the new episode, it's just not a big investment for me after having finished a game to be like "here's two hours of extra content two years later. enjoy."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I watched this a couple nights ago and it's a good episode. I learnt more about Ardyn in 15 minutes than I did in the ~40 hours that it took to complete FFXV and Episode Ardyn has the potential to be the best DLC yet - it's just a shame that this content (as well as the rest of the character episodes) was kept out of the main game.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

On the one hand, I enjoyed this.

On the other hand, I would've much rather had seen XV be delayed even more to get this, and the Royal Edition content, as the base game - and then have the "Dawn of the Future" alt-plot be the DLC.

Overall, mixed feelings.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The dlc episode is out now, has anyone played it yet?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Oh yeah. Guess it's time to play FFXV!