View Poll Results: Which dod you like better?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cloud Cross dressing

4 40.00%
  • Cavern of the Stolen Fayeth

2 20.00%
  • Sphere Break

4 40.00%

Thread: EoFF Sidequest/Mini-game Contest 2019: Round 1

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo EoFF Sidequest/Mini-game Contest 2019: Round 1

Since we have an odd number, the first round will be a three way battle. The poll will be open for 48 hours.

Cross-Dressing Cloud - While this is not necessarily optional, the results of your endeavor to make Cloud a foxy lady are. Do you just make him barely passable to continue the story, or are you the type who likes to give Don Corneo he shock of his life and have Tifa and Aerith question there womanhood?

vs.

Cavern of the Stolen Fayeth - A nice optional dungeon on your journey through the Calm Lands that both nets you a snazzy game breaking summon as well as some cool backstory for one of the more underrated members of the party.

vs.

Sphere Break - It's a minigame involving math! It's also surprisingly fun as long as you don't suffer from Dyscalculia. For me personally, I think it's actually the only mini-game set in Spira I actually enjoy. Also, who doesn't like showing up that know0it-all brat Shinra?

Cloud cross dressing. I'm adding in my consideration of that things like your dialogue options with Corneo referencing Barret and such. All told I find the Wall Market scenario to be one of the most fun in FF. I don't know if I nominated this one (partly because I probably wouldn't have considered it side content), whereas I did nominate Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, but that was one of the ones I was deliberating about among several choices for a while. Given the option I'm going with Cloud. I don't even know what Sphere Break is. Is that from FFX or FFX-2? Anyway, I find Stolen Fayth pretty decent because it adds to Lulu's story, but FFVII is my favorite game, so this wasn't too hard a choice for me.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Didn't really care about any of the three options, but I'm going with the cave because Yojimbo.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Cloud crossdressing is fun especially seeing all the different variants things can play out, but it is also pretty short lived in the end. It's the kind of cute and neat details that make this section as memorable as it is, but I wouldn't put it as one of the best side content either.

Sphere Break I like a lot actually, as a big fan of X-2 I've always rather enjoyed it. It mystifies me to this day how this is supposed to be (in-universe at least) a "competitive game" where "either player can win", it really is just challenger vs challenge in practice, but hey, what do I know. Something I don't like about the game though is its lack of longevity. The game is at its most fun when you just have Coin Count Echos and somehow have to beat enemies like Shinra. Once you have Multiplier Echos the game becomes kind of obscenely easy (although you still lose if you make a single mistake) and not very exciting. Still it was fun while it lasted.

But I'll have to go with the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. It's one of the few truly optional dungeons that X has, and it's honestly kind of refreshing. The upcoming Gagazet section suffers from pacing issues insanely so and having this entirely optional section before it that still feels super rewarding with great loot, an extra aeon, plus kinda really getting you more into the groove of capturing monsters for the Monster Arena, does pretty well at offsetting this issue. Just makes me wish X had this kind of thing a little more often than it does.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

By a coin toss win, Cloud's Cross-dressing escapades will advance to the next round.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

i woulda chosen Stolen fayth Cave. Its not particulary interesting but i never found cross dressing too funny myself either after the first time, and kinda dislike the midgar portion of FFVII on repeat playthroughs. And i heard sphere break is maths. Sorry the most maths i can tolerate is Construct 7 in FFXIV