View Poll Results: Which do you like better?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Via Infinitino (X-2)

2 33.33%
  • Binding Coil of Bahamut (XIV)

4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: EoFF Sidequest/Mini-game Contest 2019: Round 2

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moomba EoFF Sidequest/Mini-game Contest 2019: Round 2

Round 2 begins today, and it's all about super hard optional dungeons:

Via Infinito is a massive dungeon hidden beneath Bevelle in FFX-2. This dungeon is inhabited by the Fiend versions of several prominent characters from FFX who wish not to go quietly into the night and reaching the bottom allows you to battle both Paragon, the First Final Aeon and Lord Trema, the former head of the New Yevon Faith. The dungeon is a hundred floors filled with the nastiest of the nasty and you'll need maxed out dresspheres and the best garmet grids and accessories to stand a chance.

vs.

Binding Coil of Bahamut
    is the first post game optional raid from FFXIV. The player is hired by Alisaie Leveilleur to explore the remains of Bahamut, who brought Ragnarok to the world of FFXIV and ushered in the Realm Reborn. Unfortunately for you, the Galtean Empire has also sent an expeditionary force to explore the ruins as well. Dodging the imperials and the nasty nest of powerful monsters in the place, the heroes make their way through the ruins only to encounter the ancient dragon Twintania who will be a handful for even a seasoned adventuring party.

***********************************************************************************************
    Clicked the wrong box when making the poll, please select only one.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I always feel bad voting against something I haven't even played.

But the Via Infinito is my single favorite bit of side content in the series, the last 20 floors specifically, so... gotta stick by it. It's the single best optional challenge of any FF game as far as I'm concerned. There are ways to cheese it, but if you don't it's a legitimately *scary* place where you have to play really smurfing well and are still constantly in danger of dying if you make a wrong move. None of the enemies are straight up OP (except for Chac, the nightmare) and any single encounter can be easily beaten by a setup that counters it, but what makes it hard is that encounters are, well, random, and there's (sans cheese strats) no single party setup that works for every one. It really tests your capabilities to adapt and prepare for a lot of grueling and dangerous fights at once to the limit.

It's a brilliant optional challenge and it's a damn shame it gets so overlooked.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Via Infinito is fun. As much as I love FFXIV, Binding Coils suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Haven't played either of the games in question. I could guess, but that wouldn't really be fair.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Not a big fan of Via Infinito. Coil of Bahamut was great, combining (mostly) interesting boss mechanics with a good side-story that serves as closure to the XIV 1.0 story and its rather apocalyptic climax.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I love the Binding Coils. The last two fights against Phoenix and Bahamut are fantastic. And that transition in the final phase and Answers kicks into high gear. I love it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

T9 though, so much disastrous fun was had there. I have memories of that which will last me some time.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    T9 though, so much disastrous fun was had there. I have memories of that which will last me some time.
    Absolutely. Also I will never forget that time we accidentally did T2 legit. #proplayers

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'll always remember the time we made Mel cry.