Thread: Odds of a 2020 release?

Default Odds of a 2020 release?

What are the odds that the first part of the FF7 Remake could be released next year?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

-5/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    -5/7
    Why’s that?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

We're nearly in Q2 of 2019 and have received no news about the game whatsoever. FFVII Remake will be one of, if not the, biggest release Square Enix will have had in years. It's something they're going to hype for awhile, not just release with a few months of warning.

I think it's pretty naively optimistic to care about this game at all at this point. If it comes out, it won't be for another few years, at least. After Versus XIII/FFXV, it's cute to think that the game was ever going to come out in any timely fashion. And it's sad to think 5 years after the announcement is timely, but here we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    We're nearly in Q2 of 2019 and have received no news about the game whatsoever. FFVII Remake will be one of, if not the, biggest release Square Enix will have had in years. It's something they're going to hype for awhile, not just release with a few months of warning.

I think it's pretty naively optimistic to care about this game at all at this point. If it comes out, it won't be for another few years, at least. After Versus XIII/FFXV, it's cute to think that the game was ever going to come out in any timely fashion. And it's sad to think 5 years after the announcement is timely, but here we are.
    Gosh, I miss the days of SquareSoft.

I'll give you quite good odds for a 2020s ​release

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think there's a decent chance for next year. When asked for a keyword for 2019, I think it was Nomura who said "Seven", and that's a whole year of saying a single title will sum up the year BEFORE 2020. So yeah, I'd say 2020 is a reasonable expectation, although obviously not a certainty by any means.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel fans would be lucky to get any info this year to be honest, and even then, I feel the safe bet would be late this year with Tokyo Game Show being the earliest, and the more likely event would be around Jump Festa in December, and that's just saying they might release a new trailer. I feel 2021 is more realistic at this point, and that's assuming they stick to the "episodic" format and haven't changed gears on that after the lukewarm reception that info gave. The real issue is that Nomura and Kitase are in charge, and neither of them are exactly great at conveying information to fans.

Though with KH3 finally out of the way, minus some DLC nonsense, I'm sure the in-house development studios are now focusing most of their efforts on VIIR. The more troubling issue is that SE did mention they were going to reduce their development teams from 11 into just 4. Not sure if they're just going to merge most of them or if they're simply going to shut down some of them entirely and just have the other teams continue on their franchises. With that said, the news points that it's likely going to impact their western subsidiaries more than the Japanese studios, since this news mainly talked about Just Cause 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider when discussing under performance. It's unknown how this will affect the development of other projects in the works.

2020 sounds like a pipe dream since this is modern day Square we're talking about here. 2020 sounds nice, but not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ther View Post
    We all do Son. We all do.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

No news is probably bad news, and we haven't had any in quite some time. There's rumours of some news coming next month though so we'll see.

Zero. If you think there's actually a finite chance, you're living in candy land.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ther View Post
    Video games take longer and are harder to develop compared to when SquareSoft was around. They'd take just as long to develop the FF7 Remake as Square Enix is.

My best guess is 2020-2021. Square Enix took over development from CyberConnect2 in 2017 and likely scrapped a lot of what they worked on. They also likely didn't have Tetsuya Nomura involved with the project too heavily until he completed Kingdom Hearts III development near the end of 2018.

I think the first installment ends up on the PS4, but the second episode of FF7R ends up on the PS5.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Zero. If you think there's actually a finite chance, you're living in candy land.
    Can I join ??

Mmmm. The land of chocolate.

Forwarded for this thread: http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....22#post3694622

Quote Originally Posted by Scruffington View Post
    2009-2010: Final Fantasy XIII
    2010: Final Fantasy XIV (original release)
    2011-2012: Final Fantasy XIII-2
    2013: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (complete relaunch of the original FF14)
    2013-2014: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    2015: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward (expansion)
    2016: Final Fantasy XV
    2017: Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
    2019: Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
    Has Square Enix announced any new FF spin-offs lately? Because if not, I can totally see FF7R releasing in 2020.