Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stranger Things (Season 3)

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm in the camp of enjoyed it, and in the camp of liking both Hopper and Joyce's characters. They're both products of their time that have experienced deep emotional trauma and it shows. I like it well enough.

This season did feel more polished/whimsical in a lot of areas versus the steady theme of serious/gritty 80's sci-fi, but I think the varying tone helped create good narrative juxtaposition between scenes.

I also think it helped capture the running theme of an ongoing DnD campaign and how even though different campaigns can be related to each other, they also take on a theme of their own.

I feel the DnD elements in this show remain strong from season to season, which is an important, fun thing for me.

I don't think I have any spoilers, trying to speak in general terms until some time has passed.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’m finally getting into this show, and am on the second to last episode of season 2. It’s not my favorite show, but I think it’s pretty fun to watch.

Assuming that there will be a season 4, I’ll be glad to watch this at release and discuss with you all.

Scotty_FrankenFurterGamer!

I agree that it's just a fun, engaging show. It follows the tradition of bubble-gum SciFi, and I'm fine with that. I'm glad you're onboard the discussion train.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill or not let people enjoy things, but I think I was the only one who didn't like this season. Like, when the characters were just goofing off together, it was great. But the plot sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We’ll see how I feel about the season. It wouldn’t surprise me if I thought the plot was dumb as I’ve never really thought the plot was the greatest. I’m sure I’ll still find it a fun watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm not trying to be a buzzkill or not let people enjoy things, but I think I was the only one who didn't like this season. Like, when the characters were just goofing off together, it was great. But the plot sucked.
    You're entitled to your opinion and welcome to post it here, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not looking for an echo chamber that circle jerks on how great the show is. I acknowledge that the tone of the show has definitely shifted from the first season, just like you do. I guess the difference is how I feel about it, which is what I posted a few posts back.

I like it, you don't. I feel for you, because I know you liked the show, but you feel how you feel. We coo'.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just finished Season 3. I definitely had some issues, especially towards the beginning, but I had a ton of fun with this season.

My favorite stuff was definitely with Steve, Robin, and Dustin. Erika grew on me a bit, but I generally didn’t like her addition to the show until stuff really started going down towards the end. I just liked Dustin getting the chance to shine and also having to play dad to Steve and Robin. I liked Steve’s development and how dorky he became. Robin was just in general a fun character.

I never could get invested in Joyce and Hopper’s shenanigans until Murray and Alexei get involved. I really liked Alexei the more he was on, and his end was really sad. He just seemed real happy and innocent at that fair, and I was enjoying his chemistry with Murray.

I hated how Will just didn’t have much to do this season outside of getting shots of the hair standing up on the back on his neck. He was definitely the fifth wheel to El, Mike, Lucas, and Max. Maybe the lack of Will doing much was intentional to being out of place in the group at the time, but I wish there was more done with him. Either way, I enjoyed the interactions of everyone. My mind keeps going back to Lucas’ line moment of trying to find bowls in the cereal aisle. “What else are bowls even used for?”

I also really enjoyed all of the Billy scenes and was happy he got even a slight redemption. I went back and forth on how I felt about the monster, and wish there was something more done with Billy and the Mind Flayer, but I did like The Thing vibes I was getting. I also thought the fireworks were a lot of fun in that final confrontation.

I really loved the first season of this show and almost wish that it had remained just that season, as the time between that and the 2nd season spurred so many fan theories and was just plain fun. It wouldve been more epic to just end it there.

I still watched the 2nd and 3rd seasons though and they were fun. Season 3 I actually didn't finish at first, I got kind of bored to be honest. I ended up fnishing it almost a month after starting it.

My favorite part of this season was Billy, I just felt his character was really fun to watch and the acting was on point. Also digged all the cool 80's styles. Other than that, eh, it was alright.