Thread: Borderlands 3 | Official Thread

Default Borderlands 3 | Official Thread

Developer: Gearbox Software
    Platforms: PS4, PC, Xbox One
    Release Date: September 13, 2019

Borderlands 3 is the newest entry in Gearbox Software's Borderlands franchise, and is the direct sequel to Borderlands 2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gearbox has finally revealed Borderlands 3 after many years of fan demand. What are your thoughts on the trailer? Are you excited for the return of Borderlands?
    Last edited by Scruffington; 04-03-2019 at 02:59 AM.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I'm loving long haired Maya.

And I love her.
    Last edited by Vermachtnis; 03-28-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I am here for this.

Also, the fact that they're updating Borderlands 2 and it'll allow you to use your save files because the SO and I were running through it for his first time recently. We can get the updated graphics and still be in the same place.

Hm, so is our turret character getting a drone this time around? AM APPROVE.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

guns with legs tho

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    Hm, so is our turret character getting a drone this time around? AM APPROVE.
    More like our turret character gets a mech they control this time around, which a team member can then mount

According to a now-deleted tweet, Borderlands 3 will be releasing in September 2019. Source.

People will probably be (irrationally) angry about the title supposedly being an Epic Games Store exclusive, but I'll be extremely happy if it actually comes out in September. I had all but assumed this was a 2020 title at the earliest.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I don't understand people who get upset about the different stores thing. Sure it's mildly irritating to have another store/app. But it's really not a big issue. You just download a new one, it's not like you're having to buy an entirely new console.

We're hoping our bestie will finally have a house by sept so he can regularly play with us! That would work great. His PC is here at our house cause where he lives now he has like 0 internet connection.

Updating the OP with new information now.

Gearbox released the box art for all three editions of the game, including the Deluxe Edition and the Super Deluxe Edition.

Additionally, they've announced the contents of the Collector's Edition:

Finally, the release date is confirmed to be September 13, 2019. Can't wait to play it!

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I don't understand people who get upset about the different stores thing. Sure it's mildly irritating to have another store/app. But it's really not a big issue. You just download a new one, it's not like you're having to buy an entirely new console.
    I understand. The Epic Store, in comparison, sucks. Let's say for example that you had some form of technical issue with your game. Where do you go for support? Probably reddit, maybe even Steam. Because Epic doesn't have any kind of technical support. When I click my 'Settings' button on one of my Epic Store games, I have 4 options: 'Verify, Auto-Update, Create Shortcut, and Uninstall.' I can't change language, set launch options, browse local files, add to a favourites list, backup files, enable cloud saving, opt into betas, choose my input settings and so on and so on. Is the game any good? Who knows? There are no reviews. Was the game good in the past but broken in a recent update? Who knows? No reviews or discussions. Huh, I see my Early Access game just downloaded something! What did they fix? No idea, Epic doesn't provide anywhere to show you patch notes.

People don't like having their arms twisted into using a service that is substantially inferior to what they're used to. So while some people go too far of course, I totally see where they're coming from generally.

None of this will stop me buying games I am interested in on the Epic Store, although Borderlands 3 is not gonna be on that list. I really did not get on with the first ones at all, I don't think I'm a looter shooter kinda guy
    Last edited by Fox; 04-03-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Were you playing with friends, by chance? People really hyped up the series for me but I couldn't get into it at all until a friend was planning a playthrough with his girlfriend for the first time and I jumped in with them and had a blast. >: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    Were you playing with friends, by chance? People really hyped up the series for me but I couldn't get into it at all until a friend was planning a playthrough with his girlfriend for the first time and I jumped in with them and had a blast. >: 3
    Yes but I don't think that helped in my case as one of my friends had played before and he had a bad case of "abandon-everyone-and-run-ahead-itis"

Ohhh, yeah, that's pretty lame. The person I was playing with that knew the game basically just let us do everything and provided support by being the only person who could actually aim. It might be worth trying again if you can find some people playing through for the first time as well.

The Epic Store just isn't good. It might become good, but it isn't now. So them just taking a loss dumping boatloads of Fortnite money onto companies for exclusivity deals is kinda lame. I don't care much about BL3 and it's only a 6-month exclusive period in this case but it's pretty annoying. And I even have the store installed already.

It is better than console exclusivity, but better than something extremely frustrating for consumers is not great? On the other hand, ultimately, who cares.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

While it's true that the Epic Store isn't good right now, at least they have a visible plan for improving it (with most features implemented within the next 6 months if the roadmap is to be believed).

And I definitely get why they buy exclusivity, even if it's timed. Let's face it, even if the epic store was already better than Steam, most people would still ignore it if it wasn't for exclusives. People are stubborn and lazy, they stick to what they know.
    Just look at GOG, better than Steam but they don't even put a dent in Steam's profits, simply because Steam already got its massive comfy spot before any competition got to the scene.

Basically, to move into the marketplace and not fail, you need something that "forces" (not really because they can choose not to get the game, but you know what I mean) people to start using the Epic Launcher, and consoles have proven that exclusives work.