6 50.00%

Thread: EoFF Sidequest/Mini-game Contest 2019: Grand Finale

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo EoFF Sidequest/Mini-game Contest 2019: Grand Finale

Your votes have been cast and the final three have emerged. Vote for your favorite minigame/sidequest in the series!

Cloud's Crosss-dressing

vs.

Chocobo Hot n' Cold

vs.

Triple Triad

This is a tough one. Cloud's cross-dressing I feel is the most iconic moment, but on the other hand it's just a moment of the game. Chocobo Hot and Cold is grander in scale and pervades the whole game. It never reaches the highs of Cloud's cross-dressing but it provides a lot more substance. Storywise Cloud's cross-dressing is much better. It's a fantastic humorous episode whereas hot and cold hardly adds to the story at all. As a mini-game Chocobo Hot and Cold is vastly superior. Oh and then there's Triple Triad, well not that. Then there's the consideration that if I vote for the third place choice I might incidentally hand Triple Triad the win, which would be the worst. Have to think on it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Triple Triad. It's got everything you need in a minigame, it's genuinely excellent. For a game to be created from scratch that, for me, is on part with games that have been played IRL for centuries, says that they really did a fantastic job in creating something new.

Chocobo Hot and Cold is bullcrap. I love chocobos and I hated that game.

Cloud's Crossdressing is more a group of very small minigames or quests, and it's fun, but it's not on the level of Triple Triad. Only Blitzball comes close for me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I mean, I'd have bought a Triple Triad spinoff game, and Chocobo Hot and Cold is . . . quite possibly my least favorite minigame in the series, so that's an easy pick. The crossdressing thing is pretty minor for a sidequest and I don't see it on par with Triad.

Cloud's crossdressing. My favorite ones didn't make it but this one is great hehe :P

Voted for FF8 Yu Gi Oh.