Thread: Disney + announces content lineup

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Disney + announces content lineup

Disney + launches November 12th for $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year.

Here's just some of the content lineup I've been able to scrounge together:

-Every Star Wars Movie
    -2 new Star Wars shows including the Mandalorian and that Rogue One spin off thing
    -3 MCU shows, Loki, WandaVision, and The Falcon & Winter Soldier
    -A "what if" animated series with the first episode being about Peggy Carter taking the super serum instead of Steve Rogers
    -Phineas and Ferb movie
    -Monsters Inc. show with the returning Billy Crystal and John Goodman
    -Disney + will be the streaming home of The Simpsons
    -18 Pixar Films
    -Almost all MCU films
    -13 Disney vault classics
    -100 DCOMs, fingers crossed for some Zenon Girl of the 21st Century
    -The World According to Jeff Goldblum

Also it's ad free.

This might be a tombstone for a lot of other streaming services, however I think it's safe to say horror fans or as a general the 17+ crowd will still look elsewhere for adult-only content. Disney even kind of has that on lock though, bringing marvel shows meant for adults to Hulu later on down the line.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

meh
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I used to be a huge Disney Stan, but this just makes me like them a little less. Nothing really feels new or different if Disney owns smurfing everything. I miss the days when Disney was just this random animation company that made cartoons about a duck that refused to wear undies and a movie about a lion that sang a song that he couldn't wait for his dad to die.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    meh
    Girl please.

Disney tweeted out "Cetus Lapetus" when they announced the DCOMs so Zenon is confirmed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just 13 Disney vault classics? Are they smurfing kidding? I thought the whole point of the service was that the whole animated canon would be available. I was about to get behind this but they lost me

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure which ones are just "at launch" and what more will roll out through the first year.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm just so smurfing tired about hearing about the MCU, and it looks like 90% of this is stupid MCU trout.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Okay, negative nancies

Anyway, I'm more interested in when it'll hit Europe, since content-wise I was already sold with new shows and things like SW: Clone Wars. Any extra stuff I'd watch on it are a bonus, especially with a price tag of 70 per year (considering the biggest competition, Netflix, is now 96 per year).

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I'll probably get it. It's only $6.99 a month. So I don't get a chai latte once a week woo, disney shows galore.

I'm a glutton for the MCU so yeah....

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If/when they start putting out some OG series, especially if they're more adult-oriented, I'll consider it.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    I used to be a huge Disney Stan, but this just makes me like them a little less. Nothing really feels new or different if Disney owns smurfing everything. I miss the days when Disney was just this random animation company that made cartoons about a duck that refused to wear undies and a movie about a lion that sang a song that he couldn't wait for his dad to die.
    Disney hasn't been A N Other animation company since before the Second World War
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Whatever way you look at it, that's a lot of high quality content for less than the price of 1 cinema ticket per month. Gotta say a place to watch all the Marvel films I missed, all the great Star Wars content (2 movies and 2 animated series), Pixar and Disney Animation movies AND the new DuckTales series is something I can't be too cynical about. Pretty sure I'll get more out of it than my now cancelled Netflix subscription.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Nothing really jumps out at me as this being something I must have, but competition is always a great thing, even if the competition is coming from the company that's going to own literally all media in another decade or two at the rate things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I'm just so smurfing tired about hearing about the MCU, and it looks like 90% of this is stupid MCU trout.
    I can agree with that. I was a pretty hardcore MCU enthusiast until the last couple of years. I'm so burnt out on it now. I almost don't even care about seeing Endgame or any of the follow ups at this point. In fact I think Hollywood is going to need a minimum seven year total hiatus on the superhero genre once popularity inevitably wanes and the cash cow finally dies.