Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Maybe The Rise of Skywalker is somehow tied to Kylo/Ben? I hope so, at least. Really don't want Rey to be related to any of them. It just cheapens her a character.
    I have a feeling this is it. They like to throw us off on these trailers. I think it'll be the rise of Kylo as a Skywalker rather than as a Solo.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it's totally a red herring. Something similar happened with The Last Jedi, with people crafting theories about whether the title was meant for Kylo or Rey, even though it was simply a reference to Luke.

This one is also just a reference to Luke rising from the dead

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

All i needed to hear from the trailer was that laugh and noo i want to see it. Palpatine is hilarious and awesome in like every movie he is in, even RotJ so its not just a prequel thing

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell View Post
    Attack of the Clones is far, far worse than The Phantom Menace. Every scene between Padme and Anakin is just...awful.
    I don't want to come across as somebody who believes Attack of the Clones has any redeeming features whatsoever, because it really doesn't. But Phantom Menace is worse. I always think Attack of the Clones is the worst one until I actually go watch them all side by side again and it's a consistent surprise just how awful Phantom Menace is in every conceivable way. And don't forget - Anakin and Padme were awful, but Phantom Menace had a lot of Jar Jar.
    It probably doesnt save the whole movie but i thought the whole genosis part was cool with the clones attacking and the duel between dooku and yoda. I dont think this gets showed much in the films but i do like that even though the jedi are badass alone they have not much experience leading an army so the whole battle ended in a not so great victory with 2 of the big droid ships escaping, its a little bit uh humanizing i guess is the word.
    Last edited by Galuf; 04-22-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think the title could be about Anakin Skywalker. Kylo Ren stops idolising the Vader part of his grandfather because he comes to accept the Skywalker part was his true nature.

Luke and Anakin rise from the grave to put a stop to Kylo Ren.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Whenever I think of George Lucas and the prequels, I always think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykmZp5cgbkU

If only he had listened to himself.

I thought Last Jedi set up the franchise to go in some interesting directions but have a feeling JJ is going to circle us back in ways that will ultimately leave us where we started since Disney is in the Star Wars business for the long haul.

Adam Driver has been my favorite thing about the new films, so hopefully that continues.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

kylo ren goes to pound town with rey

rise indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I was very disappointed with The Last Jedi, the only Star Wars film I didn't like (though I never saw Solo). This one does look promising so far, but I'm not as excited about it as I've been for the other Star Wars movies.

I agree that Rise of Skywalker probably refers to some general concept and not that specific family. I think Abrams will fix a lot of things that were broken in Last Jedi, but I doubt he'll change Rey's lineage since we've all kind of gotten used to it by now and this movie is supposed to be the end of the focus on the Skywalker family.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I was very disappointed with The Last Jedi, the only Star Wars film I didn't like (though I never saw Solo). This one does look promising so far, but I'm not as excited about it as I've been for the other Star Wars movies.
    Oh I recently saw Solo. It wasn't bad I just felt it went on a bit too long, runtime wise. I don't know what the general consensus on that film is though. Do people not like that one?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Solo is OK, but I think the general consensus was 'OK but unnecessary' and the film bombed at the box office
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Part of Solo's problem was that it wasn't what people wanted. Also, the little bit at the end was completely out of the blue if you weren't keeping up with the comics and Rebels, and seemingly connected to nothing.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'll probably watch Solo when I see it free on a streaming app. Just didn't want to pay for it.

I also didn't pay to watch Last Jedi and that was the only redeeming factor for me. I'll probably pay to see Rise of Skywalker. In Abrams we trust.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'll probably watch Solo when I see it free on a streaming app. Just didn't want to pay for it.

I also didn't pay to watch Last Jedi and that was the only redeeming factor for me. I'll probably pay to see Rise of Skywalker. In Abrams we trust.
    I watched Solo on netflix. It might still be there if you have netflix.

Anyone else find it strange how much of the trailer alludes to episode 6? The sail barge, Lando flying the Falcon, Palpatine laughing.