Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curiosities of FF7

Smile Curiosities of FF7

Hello everyone;)

I'm new in this forum and I wonder if you could help me in something. I'm making a work of FF for a work of high school and I thought that entering in a forum like that was a good idea. I wonder if you knew some interesting things and curiosities related with the game to put them in the work.

Thank you very much!!!

P.D. I'm still learrning english so perhaps I make some mistakes:(

What lesson is it? And what is it you want? Storyline stuff?

Punished is not the man himself but the evil that resides inside him...
    ''Thanks to Polaris for the signature!''

can you tell us what this project will contain? are you wanting to know things like religious references or the minds of madmen?

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Lesson 1:

Cloud has a giant sword.

Lesson 2:

Sephiroth has a really long sword.

Thank you for answering so quickly!!!

I'm doing the work of all the FF's in general but especially of FF7. It has to treat about evertything in the game (story, characters, staff...). I'm relating the game with mythology 'cause all of the elements related with greek, roman, nordic... mythologies. But I also want to put the strange things like mistakes in the game, easter eggs or the appearence of things like the marth's face in some FF's. Things like that.

Thank you very much again!!!

Well for starters i guess you could mention the summons such as Odin, Ifrit, Shiva and more, are related to gods and godesses etc.

Also Cait Sith is a Gaelic word, meaning literally "fairy cat". In Irish fairy
    stories, Cait Sith is in many King of Cats tales, which is why he wears a
    crown in the game...Only found that out the other day

Please don't double post, use the edit button. -Necro

Punished is not the man himself but the evil that resides inside him...
    ''Thanks to Polaris for the signature!''

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Could you define "work?"

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

Smile

what a fun project!! havfun!!
    sparklystrobelights

*take me into the limousine
    draw me into the disco scene
    lookin cool like a fashion queen
    shining bright like a laser beam*
    - dallas superstars : | fast driving |

NEVER STAND STILL.
    - Gatecrasher

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

While the game has its share of translation errors, the most curious one is that a monster and an item that it can drop (which is named after it) have different translations.

Bagrisks (which have a pertrification attack) at low levels drop Vagrysk Claws (which cause petrification). Both are transliterations of Basilisk, which is a mythical creature with a petrifying gaze.

BTW, you can also get Vagrysk Claws by deliberately losing a Fort Condor battle and take on a Command Grand Horn in single combat.

Smile The work

Quote Originally Posted by darksword12 View Post
    Could you define "work?" :confused:
    In the end of high school in catalonia (Spain) we have to make a work called "treball de recerca" . It counts like any school subject like mathematics and the subject of the work is totally free, but it has to be something extense and well done.

You dedicate many hours of the summer doing that work so it's better to choose something that you really like or it is a pain doing it. So I choose to do it about Final Fantasy.:greenie:

expansion on summon monsters, there is of course knights of the round, which we all undoubtedly know is taken from the knights of the round table back in the days of camelot.

for the characters, there are some which have been sepculated to be real-life people (e.g barret = Mr. T).

hav fun writing about the complexity of cloud's story!

Why do you imprison your saviour?

Articles
    Blog Entries

How about the fact that is was rushed yet it still became one of the top games of all time?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_611 View Post
    In the end of high school in catalonia (Spain) we have to make a work called "treball de recerca" . It counts like any school subject like mathematics and the subject of the work is totally free, but it has to be something extense and well done.
    This is off topic, but where in Catalunya? I lived on the campus of Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona for a year.

And I named my guinea pig Rubi.

QUESTION: How did Jenova open the door when sephiroth came in her place at Nibel?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_611 View Post
    This is off topic, but where in Catalunya? I lived on the campus of Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona for a year. :)

And I named my guinea pig Rubi. :greenie:
    This work has to be done by all the studients of High Schools in the whole Catalunya. You can choose any subject as I said, it hasn't to be related with the things that you are studying.

If you have lived in Catalunya you'll probably know a little of catalan. In this link there are some examples of treballs de recerca. You'll see a lot of differents subjects.
    Batxillerat, Treballs de recerca, STUCOM CENTRE D'ESTUDIS: Cicles Formatius barcelona, Centre d'estudis, Bachilleratos, Ciclos Formativos, barcelona,, informacion, informatica, telecomunicaciones

I'll probably go to the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona when I finish with the High School :tongue:. It's funny the life in Barcelona, right?