Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it true SE is considering to remake this game after FF7R?

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Please look forward to it in 2028.
    2028???? Bah. More like 2050. THen it will get delayed until 2060. Seriously though I wouldn't take anything seriously a youtuber says that hasn't already been officially confirmed by Square. For all we know the 'talks' that they are referring to is just forum chatter that they found on Reddit. In fact more times than not in the youtube culture these days their supposed 'sources' often don't come from anything more reliable than reddit threads they looked at.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    How do you lose the code for something that was available on PS3 for download?
    Well I'm just a layman idk anything about game development but my basic understanding is having a finished build is not the same thing as having all of the many individual assets used to make the game, and most of the original data being gone makes it difficult to do a "remaster" as we saw with other titles. So anything with FFVIII would have to be a port as we saw with PSN/Steam or something completely remade from the ground up. And idk if there's enough love out there for FFVIII when compared to other FF titles to convince them a remake would be worth while

I doubt it, seeing how 8 is the only FF from that era that Square didn't bother porting to PS4/Xbox One/Switch, we're more likely to get a FF9 remake instead. Not to mention Square has been dead silent about the FF7 remake and its release seems less and less certain with each passing year.

I'd probably still buy it, but I just never cared for FFVIII that much. Found the main cast more annoying than interesting and Irvine/Ward/Laguna were far better protagonists.

Fujin is mad underrated, though. She's great.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To kind of turn this thread into a slightly different direction. If SE was going to do a remake of the game, what would you like to see in it?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Drawing would probably be better in real time. You just hold the button and drain them.

I think I've already said this before ? idk, my memory is poor; but something like the FFXII battle system could work well with a remade FFVIII. Just program somebody to draw all the magic you want, while you gunblade the monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    To kind of turn this thread into a slightly different direction. If SE was going to do a remake of the game, what would you like to see in it?
    I wanna be able to ride Zells T-Board a spin-off game where its Tony Hawk Pro Skater but its T-Board i wanna kickflip off the Garden

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gashtacular View Post
    I wanna be able to ride Zells T-Board a spin-off game where its Tony Hawk Pro Skater but its T-Board i wanna kickflip off the Garden
    Just, Zell in general. How come he can punch dolphins at things? All this and more should be answered in the remake. OH what if the dolphins are a GF in Zell's brain?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Just, Zell in general. How come he can punch dolphins at things? All this and more should be answered in the remake. OH what if the dolphins are a GF in Zell's brain?
    My idiot brain immediate went to Zell's GF being the hotdog girl and was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Tifa could punch dolphins at things as well....

Wait a moment....

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The game over screen would be Garden staff taking your T-Board away because it's not permitted on the school grounds.