Thread: Fell off the wagon...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unhappy Fell off the wagon...

What's a game franchise you used to play and enjoy but then kind of fell off the wagon for one reason or another. Maybe you decided the quality of the series slipped or perhaps you just got so distracted by other games you just kept neglecting the series until you were way behind. What series do you feel like you "fell off the wagon"?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    You mean, other than FF?
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Gran Turismo - loved the first three and played the heck out of them, but barely played 4 and didn't play 5/6/Sport at all.
    Grand Theft Auto - played them all up to San Andreas but barely played 4 and didn't play 5 (though i did finally buy it last week)
    Call of Duty - stopped playing after Modern Warfare 3
    Halo & Gears of War - pretty much dropped because Xbox One
    Pokemon - for a time - I pretty much dropped it after Gold/Silver until X/Y
    Mario - after Galaxy and Super Paper Mario disappointed me I stopped playing them (I did buy Odyssey, but I've played it for all of 20-30 minutes)
    Need for Speed - stopped playing after NFS Carbon

That's about it, I think.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by WarZidane View Post
    Gran Turismo - loved the first three and played the heck out of them, but barely played 4 and didn't play 5/6/Sport at all.
    GT4 was fantastic. Like everything that was good about 3 but more of it. You're better off not playing the rest. Ever. 5 and 6 are honestly just bad racing games. I mean the driving itself feels great but they smurfed up literally everything else.

Oh since you brought up Mario I will add that I have actively disliked or outright hated every 3D Mario released after Mario 64. Except Odyssey. I didn't play all of Odyssey but I played a few hours worth and it was a genuinely enjoyable experience from what I played. Just in case your tastes run kind of similar to mine on the 3D mario front.

Kingdom Hearts. Just....not into it anymore.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Senran Kagura, maybe. I bought the first four games when they came out. The two DS games are great. Shinovi Versus was okay. The first three arcs seemed like a rehash of the first game, but with more characters it wasn't until the final arc that advanced the plot. I just beat Estival Versus a couple weeks ago. The first three or so chapters didn't draw me in, seemed like a silly beach episode. But the last half of the game was fantastic. But yea, after just playing the first half. I was a little disinterested. And the next game they announced WAS a beach episode game. So I haven't been paying too much attention hoping they'll announce the third main game at some point. Still planning on picking up Burst Re:Newel at some point. It's a remake of the first DS game in the new Versus engine and has DLC for the new characters.

Zelda, any other Nintendo-exclusive game series that I played and that they still make.

You mean, other than FF?
    This. I haven't finished an FF game since FFXII, so it's appropriate.

I guess Kingdom Hearts because I only played the first two and the second one like a decade late, but I never cared that much about KH.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Surprised at the dislike for 3D Mario entries. I thought Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 were incredibly designed and executed platformers and ridiculous amounts of fun.

I always thought I enjoyed playing Pokemon but I do tend to get bored of them. Apart from the new pokemon it's pretty much the same formula every time. I've only ever completed Gen 1 games. I've been playing Gold recently but I'm struggling to push through to the end. Have 7 badges and I don't have a huge desire to go back to it.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Pick a series. If its one I used to play it falls into this. All of them. It's not that I've outgrown video games, its that I don't like modern video games. I still spend an unhealthy amount of hours playing older games every week.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Pokémon for sure with me. I'm quite keen to try the new one coming out this year, though, because of the potential the Switch offers.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

OH yeah, Pokémon for me too. I still haven't beaten Sun. My favorite thing about Shield was that when it was announced it was the girl was Scottish the internet had a field day.

Kingdom Hearts, I never played any past the first.

I guess Pokemon too, since I haven't played one since gen 4 and I'm not nearly as into it as a lot of people I know.