Thread: The Omega Hare...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moomba The Omega Hare...

So you're just cruising along, playing a cool rpg in the early areas of the game when you run across a new monster. You check the statrs, and holy hell, this beast has like forty levels on you and before you can hit that run button, you're watching the game over screen. Hell you didn't even know the game had a game over screen.

So this is a thread about fun, or not so fun encounters with running into high level monsters or perhaps some late game Mark Hunt that makes a low level area it's home, or even just running into a rare monster that you have the slimmest possible chance of meeting before it murders you. Tell your tale.

Here's the reference for the thread title by the way.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My first proper RPG experience of this was shortly after I'd acquired the submarine in FFVII. I was aware of how powerful Emerald Weapon was but I accidentally ran into him and he annihilated my team. I put off challenging him again for a long time after that.

Also, merely talking to the town guards in FFII resulted in instant death. Also, wandering too far on the map in FFII made you encounter ridiculously levelled enemies resulting in instant death. Yeah, screw that game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Elder Drake in Final Fantasy X-2. Surely I'm not the only one who had all three girls hit for 9999 damage right at this guy's first appearance. While being surrounded by enemies from the first few areas of the game.