Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sonic the Hedgehog - the Movie!

The Aladdin Remake doing well, makes me think that they should of said "smurf it", and do no changes whatsoever, because people are going to go see the movie anyways, looking like Will Smith Blue Smurf trash or not.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    The Aladdin Remake doing well, makes me think that they should of said "smurf it", and do no changes whatsoever, because people are going to go see the movie anyways, looking like Will Smith Blue Smurf trash or not.
    Yeah, if that's your artistic vision you have to commit to it, moaners be damned. Tarantino wouldn't compromise, Hitchcock wouldn't compromise, Tommy smurfing Wiseau wouldn't compromise, and nor should the proud visionaries behind Sonic the Hedgehog.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that's my view on it - they should just gone with it as they originally designed Sonic. People might have gotten used to it in the long run, or at least acknowledged that the exist of this Sonic doesn't mean that Sonic's usual look is never going to be used again. I still don't find the look as bad as people are making it out to be - fan made ideas look better to me, other examples of a 3D Sonic look better to me, but it still isn't horrendously un-Sonic like to me as it is others, and again - it's how they envisioned him, so yeah... they should have committed.

Also, I watched at least some of the trailer some time ago, and while, again, if it's their vision, that's what they should do, but I have to ask... why "Gangster's Paradise"? It's a good song, but I don't see how it fits in to Sonic at all - even Shadow would find this trailer too much of an edge-attempt. Unless there's another reason for song that I've missed.

Again, do what you want to do when it's your movie, but it seems like an odd choice (and I know trailers often have a song that, to my knowledge, isn't in the movie, but it usually still somewhat fits.)