Thread: In regards to pre-ordering the FF7 Remake

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default In regards to pre-ordering the FF7 Remake

Pretty much after the game was announced sites like Amazon made the game available for pre-order.

In my experience the type of hardcore fan who would want to order a game bad enough, like a decade in advance, would also be the type of person who would hold out long enough to see what the special editions of the game would have or even if certain places had pre-order bonuses.

What do you think? Have you pre-ordered the game? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Nah, I see no point in pre-ordering the game before the release date is even known. Even then, I only pre-order it early if there's a limited edition I want. Otherwise might as well wait for a decent pre-order deal.

All of this is of course assuming I'm 100% sure I want the game. I'm not a big FF7 fan so in this game's case I'd wait even longer and watch enough gameplay footage to decide if I'll get it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly don't pre-order anymore. Even if it has some neat extras, I simply don't have the space or desire to spend double what I feel the game is probably worth just to get a few extras. Even then, I agree with WarZidane that it's silly to pre-order something that doesn't really have a release date.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've only pre-ordered a few games in my life; those have been Pokemon games and FFXIV expacs. Pokemon is formulaic and I know I'm going to want it and enjoy it. FFXIV usually has goodies, and I play it so much, that I know it's worth it for me to get what I'm going to get anyways (and get some cool trout with it).

I honestly don't know if I'll be getting FFVII at all. We haven't even heard any news about the game, or do we have a release date. If we see more, I might consider it. But right now, it seems silly. May as well go ahead and pre-ordered The Winds of Winter while I'm at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Preordering is mostly pointless to begin with. If I were going to do it at all, it would be near release date. I certainly wouldn't do it for the FF7 remake, which I'm not sure I'll get at all.

I think it goes without saying that you shouldn't pre-order games that don't exist yet.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I pre-ordered it as soon as it came on Amazon.

Along with Firefly Season 2 the Sonic the Hedgehog movie quadrilogy.

This is my excited facePic 9.jpg