Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: New FF7R teaser trailer released

  1. #31
    Newbie Administrator Loony BoB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Edinbugger
    Posts
    51,826
    Articles
    53
    Blog Entries
    19

    FFXIV Character

    Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Well, with the inevitable story of Midgar with fighting added in, it'll already be bigger immediately. And, again, it has been at least suggested by SE that each episode will be on par with a full game from them. I don't think it'll go to that extent but we shall see.

    Personally I'm not overly bothered so long as the price of the episode justifies the size/length of the episode. And to be honest, I'd pay three times as much money for my favourite game of all time in comparison to what I pay for a regular game, so a remake would probably get me paying silly money no matter what.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

  2. #32
    Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    Posts
    17,528
    Articles
    57
    Blog Entries
    20
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    They said that in terms of length, it will be comparable to the games in the FFXIII trilogy.

    I'm usually weary of developer talk about game length, especially with RPGs, because I find more often than not, that they try to make a game sound longer by using the number associated with a 100% playthrough over someone just trying to finish the story mode. With that said, I'm more concerned about the episodes getting over-inflated with boring side content to pad the game out. You know, Episode 1 could have been the whole first disc of the game, but instead it's just the Midgard sequence because half the game was helping the various inhabitants of Midgard get those 50 bear butts they desperately need to live another harrowing day in their dystopian setting. You might be saying to yourself now, "WK, are you still bitter about 70% of the content of Crisis Core was the same quest just in one of the games seven different dungeon maps?" and I would say: "Yes, I'm still really bitter about that"

    Course, we'll have to wait and see but judging by many of their recent games, SE really likes MMO style quest shenanigans.
    True beauty exists in things that last only for a moment.
    Current Mood: Apologize by 佐橋俊彦 from the Big O OST







  3. #33
    Newbie Administrator Loony BoB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Edinbugger
    Posts
    51,826
    Articles
    53
    Blog Entries
    19

    FFXIV Character

    Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Yeah, that would be a shame if it's all badly written etc. and overly repetitive, but I don't think I'd let that get in the way of my enjoyment of the game for what it is. At least, I hope not! I'm going to go into it assuming the worst and enjoying the moments more than I am focusing on the game in it's entirety - if I want a replica of FFVII, I have FFVII. Similar to how I don't bother buying HD remakes of FFX/FFXII (although admittedly this is on a completely different level of graphics improvement).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

  4. #34
    The Alpha and the Omega WarZidane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    597

    FFXIV Character

    Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Rumored leaks are saying it's actually only going to be two episodes, with the first ending where disc 1 ended, but take that with a grain of salt, as with all rumors.

  5. #35

    Default

    hahaha barrett doesnt sound good i havent been following the remake thing honestly this is the first thing ive looked at but it looks like it will be kinda fun

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Personally I'm not overly bothered so long as the price of the episode justifies the size/length of the episode. And to be honest, I'd pay three times as much money for my favourite game of all time in comparison to what I pay for a regular game, so a remake would probably get me paying silly money no matter what.
    The original FFVII wpuld have been well worth the full price of the PSX + game price + price of a memory card if I never had played another game on the console. The remake though? Hard to put a price on having your memories trout on. Let's say $20 for the curiosity factor/hope that it's not bad.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Please be excited.

  8. #38
    Newbie Administrator Loony BoB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Edinbugger
    Posts
    51,826
    Articles
    53
    Blog Entries
    19

    FFXIV Character

    Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    The remake though? Hard to put a price on having your memories trout on. Let's say $20 for the curiosity factor/hope that it's not bad.
    You'd seriously only spend $20 on a tribute to a great game? I wouldn't bother playing it if I were that sensitive about my precious memories. The memories will still be there, the remake changes nothing about the original game. Based on what I've seen so far, they will have a buttload of amazing custscenes of what we saw when we played the original game, and I would pay $20 for all of those cutscenes alone. I might not like parts of what they change if they change anything, but I'm not going to act like my favourite game of all time is somehow tarnished for it. It'll still be the greatest game of all time for me. This is just an opportunity to see some seriously cool upgrades on the graphics, beyond anything else in the series, done to my favourite game. What's not to like about that? I'll happily pay.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    The remake though? Hard to put a price on having your memories trout on. Let's say $20 for the curiosity factor/hope that it's not bad.
    You'd seriously only spend $20 on a tribute to a great game? I wouldn't bother playing it if I were that sensitive about my precious memories. The memories will still be there, the remake changes nothing about the original game. Based on what I've seen so far, they will have a buttload of amazing custscenes of what we saw when we played the original game, and I would pay $20 for all of those cutscenes alone. I might not like parts of what they change if they change anything, but I'm not going to act like my favourite game of all time is somehow tarnished for it. It'll still be the greatest game of all time for me. This is just an opportunity to see some seriously cool upgrades on the graphics, beyond anything else in the series, done to my favourite game. What's not to like about that? I'll happily pay.
    not everyone made a million dollars off eoff amazon referral link revenue bob. christ.

  10. #40
    Newbie Administrator Loony BoB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Edinbugger
    Posts
    51,826
    Articles
    53
    Blog Entries
    19

    FFXIV Character

    Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •