Thread: New FF7R teaser trailer released

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default New FF7R teaser trailer released

Please be excited.

A couple notes:

-Jessie!
    -I think those are stand in voice actors for the purposes of the trailer. A few of them sounded kinda sketch, and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't bring back the Advent Children/Kingdom Hearts cast. As far as I can recall they've only had one guy voice Cloud up to this point and this isn't him.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

One thing that really stood out was that it looked like Barrett was playable. Which is a load off because I was afraid we'd be stuck with Cloud the entire time. And now I'm curious to how all the party members will play. Cid, Yuffie, and Red will be interesting.

Not sure about a stand-in cast, I compared new Aerith to Crisis Core Aerith and I think they're the same actress - Andrea Bowen. I also think Cloud sounds about right compared with Crisis Core.

In terms of sound of the acting sounding a bit sketchy... yah, that's English Final Fantasy in a nutshell! They haven't had a non-sketchy one since XII. Overall, looks good! Last year or so I'd got into the 'lol FFVIIR is such a joke' phase but this has restored some of the magic I felt at the 2015 announcement. Shame the UI showed Tifa a bunch of times but she didn't actually appear in the trailer ¬_¬

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think Aerith sounded really good and Jessie as well but whew lads that Barret.

Maybe i'm just a scorned Beau Billingslea fan.

So, more to come in June - E3 presumably. I don't expect a release date, I don't expect much more footage, although maybe a short stretch of uninterrupted gameplay.

I do expect confirmation that they're dropping the 'episodic' plan. It's a dumb idea that is going to turn what should be the world's easiest PR coup into a catastrophe. They know it, we know it, and they know we know they know it. So they may as well confirm that now and reap the goodwill.

Ready to jump on that hype train !

Crossing fingers for some drag Cloud in June.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fractoggen View Post
    That was a fantastic state of play stream. FFVII remake is looking great as is MediEvil. That Predator game could also be promising but will have to see actual game play before judging.
    They've become sentient. Even its profile is filled out.

Do you work for the Shinra?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

welp yes I am excited this is going to be amazing

Whether or not they've made some major changes to the gameplay, the most important thing for me is that it feels like FFVII. And that smurfing trailer captured it.

Hell yes, just when I was ready to abandon hope it's time to get back on the hype train!

One thing however, why is Sephiroth appearing in the bombing mission? Is it just a random flashback?

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I haven't been buzzing this much since E3 2015 when the remake project was first announced.

Also in the State of Play at the end of the trailer the announcer lady said that it's coming soon to PlayStation 4. So maybe it's actually a lot closer than we expect (especially if they're sticking to the silly episodic idea).

I really like the way they look and the way they sound. I really can't wait for more informations in June!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I will never be excite for the trout combat system they're putting into this game. Sorry, I have no intention of playing it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of course I'm excited. My first ever post in this forum referenced the FFVII remake. It's nice to see it might actually be happening at some point in my lifetime. Let's be honest though, we're still not gonna see this game for a long time...

Pic 4.jpg

Live images as Square Enix hits fans with a 'New Trailer' materia then f***s off for another four years

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cloud sounds good, Aeris sounds good, Sephiroth sounds bad, Barret sounds abysmal.

Gotta see more gameplay to get a real idea if I'll get it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.