Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what do you expect will be changed?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default So what do you expect will be changed?

It has been said by both Kitase and Nomura that VIIR is not likely going to be a faithful retelling of the original, but will also add additional scenes to supporting characters and altered moments. So what do you expect to see changed?

Personally, I'm thinking this game will go the way of the Rebuild of Evangelion, starting off pretty faithful before going in a very different direction as early as the second Disc content before reaching a revamped final conclusion. With that said, I feel the safest assumption of something being changed is that Yuffie and Vincent are no longer optional, but will be integrated into the narrative better.

I feel one of the first changes we may see is that the Kalm flashback may actually play out in the first Episode in Midgard, and they may just completely skip over Kalm as a location. Similarly, I feel some sequences may be changed around, either playing earlier than the original or being altered and played later. I feel like Barret's whole backstory will likely all play out in his hometown instead of being spread out over the course of the Gold Saucer sequence. I imagine the whole Wutai events will be altered for the sake of condensing it down as a one way trip. I also imagine Fort Condor will be the first major change we'll see. It will likely be changed into a more story driven sequence and I wouldn't be surprised if they tie it into recruiting Yuffie since this region was the earliest you could recruit her.

Despite being episodic, I feel several sequences are going to get condensed down. Partly to scale back some of the fluff the original had, and partly to make room for new content. I also feel like the Compilation will get a few winks and nods, but will likely not show up in any significant way as some people fear. Of anything, I feel VIIR will more likely be incompatible with established VII canon as fans know it, and will be regarded as its own thing.

I keep thinking the Gold Saucer will also be completely revamped in some ways. Largely because it will be difficult to carry it's structure throughout all of the episodes. Of anything, since I really don't imagine there being a traditional world map. It's more likely to be open world like XV was with all the main continents probably segregated into their own episodes with no means of backtracking once the episode is complete. So anything that requires that kind of design will very likely be altered.

I don't think we'll see Bizarro or Safer Sephiroth, maybe something new, but something closer to Sephy's human form. I also imagine the final gimme battle against Sephiroth will be revamped into a full QTE style event designed to visually mirror Advent Children's main fight. I totally see the fight changing geographical locations throughout the battle as Cloud has flashbacks of his whole journey.

I expect the series to be seven episodes in total. Three episodes each to cover the first two discs of content and then the final episode for the last disc.

The Gold Saucer is going to become DLC fuel I fear. You want to replay the Motorbike mini game or Snowboarding ? Cough up some rl money. Want to play some other arcade game ? Cough up some rl money.

The Cloud and Dolphin part will be removed, maybe, as they are trying to go for a more realistic feel with this remake. Palmer and his battle might be removed too. No more sugar coffee with lard and getting smacked by a moving truck in a comedic fashion.

They'll probably include more of the compilation, including more flashbacks with Zack for example.

I have a sneaking suspicion they may change the ATB combat and you can quote me on that

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

You have lost the plot Fox

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Knights of the Round will be replaced with the Heavensward.

Serious answer, that Tifa vs Scarlet slapping scene on top of the canon will be a full on boss fight.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Knights of the Round will be replaced with the Heavensward.

Serious answer, that Tifa vs Scarlet slapping scene on top of the canon will be a full on boss fight.
    And Polygon will have an article about it

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post

Good. It made no sense whatsoever for Tifa who can suplex a Weapon to do a slapping match. Tifa should just grab her and Team Rocket her away into the sky. The Tifa vs Scarlet slapping match was very "heee heee hee, they gurls so, they bitchfight rite "?

We'll probably see more focus on Zack, maybe even some playable flashbacks of him, possibly as DLC. They'll probably omit a good chunk of the mini-games, such as the slap fight and CPR. They'll probably tone down Cid's abusive behaviour towards Shera, maybe even omit her entirely (which to be fair might not be such a bad thing since she's by far the worst character in the game).

They'll pour on the Zack love. Which sucks, because Zack is a steaming lile of garbage and the idea that he had his own version of cloud and co.'s journey complete with its own Sephiroth wannabes is stupid as hell. smurf Zack and smurf Nomura for turning him into more than the plot device he is.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, that game was directed by Tabata and written by Nojima. No Nomura in sight.

That's cool. I'm still going to blame him though, because I like to. Kitase should he directing the remake.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well he’s still the producer. And well, it’s kinda stupid to blame the one person who had nothing to do with what you’re complaining about. Nojima has been a hack for ages and Tabata never liked FVII. Honestly, I feel like CC could have been a better game with Nomura at the helm, as at least he was responsible for quite a bit of the game’s stories (you liked the Red XIII bit? That’s Nomura right there).

Fair enough. I did like Red XIII plot, but I don't really trust Nomura to do this right.