Thread: What Final Fantasy game makes you the happiest?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pink Grin What Final Fantasy game makes you the happiest?

Which entry brings a smile to your face and which moments do you always look forward to the most?

Maybe FFX ? It just brings back memories of happier times & ofc the Tidus Laugh. I don't care what anybody says or thinks, that moment is fantastic.

I figure this is pretty much the same thing as.favorite FF. I guess there are some reasons it could not be, but on the whole, like what makes you happy, I figure, even if it maoes you happy by making you sad.

Anyway, I'm going with FFVII. As far as what moments I look forward to: Cloud's crossdressing, all the Turks parts, Cosmo Canyon, "Cetra? That some kinda disease?," flashback in Kalm, true flashback in the Lifestream.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Final Fantasy VIII. A lot of good memories behind that one, and I’ve played it almost every year since I first played it. It’s my go to game when I’m stressed or sad or whatever.

Also Theatrhythm Curtain Call.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    I figure this is pretty much the same thing as.favorite FF.
    Not really ? I like FFX, but it's not my Top 3.

FFVI because it's my favorite one. I love the message of hope we feel through it. Also, I have a lot of great memories related to it since I played it for the first time with my father, when I was a child.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It was hard for me to think of happiness in Final Fantasy without associating it with something. The first thing that came to mind was the music that plays in Besaid.

After seeing his home destroyed and being slammed around in some Al Bhed ruins, Tidus washes up on Besaid Island. And woah! They have not only Blitzball but some very friendly and welcoming people playing it. He spends moments just floating and contemplating everything that happened. A small reprieve in time from the chaos that had come before and the rough times still ahead.

So it's fair to say there are moments in games I have happy memories of vs generally having a game that makes me the happiest. The trips to Fisherman's Horizon and the Shumi Village stand out, as well.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

After some serious thought, I think IX is the game that makes me feel the happiest. I like VI more, but IX is the game that consistently puts a smile on my face when I think about it. I think my favorite parts are ones with Steiner usually involved. I also like Quina and the Qu. I think the sequence where Steiner is trying to smuggle Garnet past the Lindblum Border in the Pickle sack.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

For me, it's probably IV. It's not in my top 3, but it's just so easy to pick up on and I get so nostalgic every time. V is another very solid contender.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

V for me. I love starting a new game. And there's the start of the second act. I love just playing around with the job systems. Faris and Butz are two of my favorite characters.

X is close too.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

VII. I know, I know, it's exactly what you'd think I'd say. The early part of the game (as I restarted so many times!) means a lot to me, just goofy shenanigans in Midgar and then the freedom of the world unexpectedly opening itself up to you. Just wow.

I think I'm happiest running up and down the train tracks in Corel, that breezy dreamy version of the main theme playing. I was at Distant Worlds last Friday, and they played the FFVII main theme and I actually got a little misty eyed while Opening/Bombing Mission sent shivers down my spine.

I think IX and X are my next happiest games.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think IX's world map music is way up there in terms of putting me in a positive mood while running around.