Thread: The Aurochs win their first ever game and nobody cares

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Default The Aurochs win their first ever game and nobody cares

This is a stupid pointless rant about a very minor thing but then that's my bread and butter so....

I'm replaying FFX and it was made into a big deal that the Aurochs and Wakka had never won a game. They beat the Psyches and... nothing. No joy at finally winning, no camaraderie, not even the bloody victory theme.

Alright, fine, there was the Yuna kidnapping subplot - but that worked out just fine, didn't it? Can't we celebrate both her return and the win. I dunno, it just felt like it was a big deal to Wakka when we first meet him - remember that he wasn't a great guardian to Zuke because he kept thinking about Blitzball - but it got forgotten about.

Congratulations Wakka and the Aurochs on winning. All that hard work and training you guys put in clearly had its rewards.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm more curious about the sport that has the tournament resulting in the prized cup award BEFORE the season starts. Listen, I'm not very sports savvy, but I really don't think that's how it's supposed to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Don't the Crusaders congrats you if you win ? That's......somebody...

Wakka's too busy being bigoted towards the Al-Bhed to worry about minor things like winning a cup.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Cell View Post
    Wakka's too busy being bigoted towards the Al-Bhed to worry about minor things like winning a cup.
    That was a really well done part of his storyline though. One of the best parts of FFX's story is seeing his perceptions and biases be challenged.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Don't the Crusaders congrats you if you win ? That's......somebody...
    Ah, but that's if you beat the Goers. OP is referring to the previous match against the Psyches. The game that you're late for.

But it does make me wonder...

When Wakka says they've never won a game, do they just mean a tournament? Or like a single, actual match?

I've played this a hundred times and the distinction is escaping me atm.

Either way I would have liked a scene where you wipe the smug look off this guy's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell View Post
    That was a really well done part of his storyline though. One of the best parts of FFX's story is seeing his perceptions and biases be challenged.
    Wakka was a racist football hooligan who hated ppl who spoke funny languages except for "Rin down the corner shop he's an alright one" and you're gonna have to accept it

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always found it a bit odd as well that they aren’t as excited about finally winning a game, but I can’t remember what all exactly is going on in those scenes, so maybe there was just too much else going on? I also doubt Tidus cared about that particular match all that much outside of being necessary to win to take on the Goers.

Articles

Having just done some Blitzball, they should've been doubly pleased as the Psyches are the worst opponents thanks to their insane keeper Nimrook! Hell, I'm smurfing pleased when I do it.

Related: I don't think I like Blitzball as much as I remembered.

Yes. It's amazing how the scene whether you win or lose is exactly the same with the exception of an awkwardly held trophy in one of the character's hands. It looks like it was poorly photoshopped in, as if they expected the player to lose and edited that scene just in case.

Also, not only does Wakka use a goddamn blitzball to kill fiends, but he actually does the most damage in the entire game with it and is able to kill Sin with it using just one attack... and yet Raudy (Luca Goers goalie) is able to somehow catch Wakka's shot in that blitzball match like it's nothing.

It's a little disappointing, yea, but I'm much more surprised by the fact that everyone at Square Enix saw Seymour's hair and thought it was totally fine. The laughing scene was some masterfully done trolling, but that hair... I can't even...

uhm pretty clear to everyone that SquareE are in bed with cosplay merchants and big hair

seymours hair caused a massive amount of sales of hair spray and other fixatives. it was clearly not approved for style reasons, just to make rich cosplay ppl richer.

u fools.

wake the fck up sheeple