Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Death Stranding will be out November 8th, 2019.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Finished the game, it was pretty great. It deserves a lot more than "it was pretty great" but I've never been good at putting thoughts into words. I was definitely crying during the final chapters. I was really amused by the fight against (SPOILER)Higgs, it was actually kind of cute.

Also, I know some people are annoyed by this but I hope this trend of the game going on hours after you think its going to be over continues.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been busy with RL stuff to do anything proper in this game, but I've finally had some time recently, and I've worked my way past the second encounter with (SPOILER)Clifford Unger which went way more smoothly than my first encounter. I'm now working on the mission to reach Heartman, but I'm doing a few minor quests to bolster my ranking with the mountain preppers. So I'm guessing I'm on Chapter 8 at this point, so a little more than halfway through.

You know, like Dark Souls before it, I think my favorite aspect of the online component is simply the ability to help other players. What little I've played in the past two weeks was mostly spent gathering materials to finish the highways to Mountain Knot City or build more efficient Zip-Line pathways to connect the region for both my benefit and for other players as well. It gives me the same satisfaction as helping players tackle tough bosses in Dark Souls which is really nice. Of anything, Death Stranding takes what I loved about the Souls series online components and cut out the BS I hated from it. So I'm fairly happy with how it turned out.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally finished this tonight, and holy hell are the last few chapters a serious emotional roller coaster. This turned out to be a really fantastic game.