Thread: The 3DS is finally coming to a close

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Braaaaaains The 3DS is finally coming to a close

Due to a lot of signs from Nintendo of Japan such as removing the 3DS as a sorting option on their website, as well as no longer announcing any new games for it, either first or third party, it looks like Nintendo's last dedicated handheld is heading for retirement. So what are your favorite memories of the console and what were some of your favorite games and features?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm very sad. I still love my 3DS so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’ve been getting back into playing my 3ds lately. I’m currently playing through Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies which has been fun.

I think the 3DS might be my favorite handheld system of all time. It has a ton of great games, especially when you consider the DS library. I know that it doesn’t have as much power as the Vita or especially the Switch now, but I just have a lot of fun with the 3DS.

I used to go around with one of my friends from college to places that would give out streetpasses. Everyone from work would bring their 3DSes to work so we could also collect street passes and maybe trade Pokémon. I just feel like no other handheld system really makes just the idea of bringing your system around as fun. It’s a shame no one really brings the 3DS around anymore. I’m pretty sure you can’t pick up street passes from places like McDonalds anymore.

Edit: as a side note, I’m also sad that Miis don’t really have a presence on switch anymore.

Imo they could still keep it alive for a couple of years longer if they wanted to, but as a business standpoint they need people to jump on the Switch train asap.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The two Pokemon sets of games for 3DS were awesome. As were the Fire Emblem games. 3DS really built on the DS success and was the first time I truly felt I was holding something with the power of a home console in my hands. I played the hell out of that thing.

Funny that the 3D feature was the least cool thing about this fantastic system.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

This is a tough one for me because I don't really remember well which games were 3DS vs DS. I also think I kind of liked a number of games for this system but didn't necessarily finish many. I appreciated the release of some games from Nintendo consoles I never got. Yoshi's Woolly World, for example, was great. At any rate, it had some good stuff, but it's basically obsolete following the Switch release.