Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 will release on March 3rd 2020

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wait, really? All the news sites ran with two discs for the entire game. If it's actually two whole discs for Midgar alone then holy trout.

EDIT: Looks like some news sites are saying one thing and others are saying the other, so idk anymore.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I watched the show again by now which is why I edited my post but I cannot really figure out what Kitase-san meant even when listening to him. But I guess he means the first installment. Everyone was waiting for an announcement how many installments will come and I see it all as one but maybe they really put Midgar on two discs. It is probematic because some people think of "entire game" as "Part 1" or "entire game from PS1 meaning all of it".

I mean, since Avalanche gets more exposition this has to mean if they do not retcon where they died, there will be lots of time between Mako Reactor 1 and 5, retconning the time when they did the mission.

I do not care out that though as log as they keep what they say and stay true to the core which means all the essential plot points need to be included kinda like in Resident Evil 2.

EDIT: Edamame Arcade Channel who were there also said Midgar has 2 discs.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-11-2019 at 03:09 PM.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The game's description on the offical Square-Enix store drops a few more hints about its length and content, though it's just as possible that translation quirks affected their news too.

The UK store describes it thus: "A spectacular reimagining of one of the most visionary games ever, the first game in this project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience."

The USA store elaborates that it's "The first entry in a multi-part saga".

The Australia/New Zealand store does't even mention the remake yet, because screw us antipodeans I guess.

So, even Square is currently not sure how many installments Final Fantasy VII gets.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-12-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't see anything at all there suggesting it will be more or less than two episodes, nor do I see anything there suggesting it will be anything other than a Midgar episode and a non-Midgar episode. The only thing I'm not sure about is the number of discs in episode 1.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I don't see anything at all there suggesting it will be more or less than two episodes, nor do I see anything there suggesting it will be anything other than a Midgar episode and a non-Midgar episode. The only thing I'm not sure about is the number of discs in episode 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitase
    “Before we actually started working on this, we knew it was going to be a large amount of content,” Kitase told the press at E3. When we started out planning the plot for the first game, it hit us again… at that point we decided we were going to focus first game on Midgar and what happens in Midgar. Unfortunately we can’t say anything more about the future games, because we don’t know ourselves.”
    Source Siliconera

Yeah, so Episode 1 is just Midgard and will be two discs. How long this remake will go is uncertain at this point. Even the devs don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    As said, I was listening to Kitase-san again and for double checking asked Edamame Arcade Channel as well so Midgar is 2 discs. An as Kitase-san was recently asked how long the remake will be he said they currently do not know. I have not checked Wolf's link but I think he has linked the same interview and it seems to be from the quote.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh, I was referring to Big D's post. That quote certainly opens up the future episodes to potentially more than just one and I'm cool with that so long as I don't have to spend TOO much money xD I mean I'll spend it regardless but yeah :x

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nomura did an interview for Famitsu that has been partially translated. Here's the highlights:

• The black mist things that attack Aerith in the trailer are called the Keepers of Fate and were added to give something new in the scenario for old fans.
    • There are still lots of dialogue options like the original, and in fact there should be more to give the game a heavier replay value.
    • The Honey Bee Inn Cross-dressing event is still in the game, though it's been "rearranged" with a modern touch.
    • The main scenario is still the same, but they've added a tone of new events within the game.
    • Aerith and Tifa's redesigns are meant to give one a Western aesthetic and the other an Eastern one.
    • Tifa was given an athletic style in order to show off her abs. The company ethics department told him to tighten up her chest so it wasn't too unnatural in fight scenes, hence her new top design.
    • The characters are taking a note from FFX, and will each have certain affinities that work better against certain types of enemies.
    • You'll still need items to restore MP.
    • There will be new monsters and enemy types in the game.

Source: Siliconera

Keepers of Fate ? Sounds Kingdom Heart-y.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I wonder what the SE ethics department does all day besides telling the designers to make boobs smaller. Maybe that's a full time job as it is.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Why exactly is an ethics department commenting on what "looks unnatural in fight scenes", again?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe it was a mistranslation and he actually said physics department.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Stop it.

Stop.

I can't cope. I'm replaying FFVII right now and honestly, ugh. Remake Part 1 is going to be epic.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Maybe it was a mistranslation and he actually said physics department.
    Breaking the law is unethical. Even if it's a law of physics.