Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 will release on March 3rd 2020

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Are we really arguing over a two second moment in a trailer and what it means for an entire character arc?
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Are we really arguing over a two second moment in a trailer and what it means for an entire character arc?
    A lot of people were already doing that the last time when Aerith was handing over the flower to Cloud because you had a choice in the game and it affected the dating scene, while also criticising her character. But Aerith already "just like this" gave a flower to another character and that was Johnny. And even if she didn't, I would not care. Especially not about the dating scene. She should be the one in the scene anyway as it is an important one. Japan even hated on her facial design in the remake because she does not look Asia enough and/or has too long of a face according to them. The remake is an amalgamation of old and new anyway. The Buster Sword has its old design but Cloud has the Compilation SOLDIER emblem. This looks and behaves like this and this like that ... artistic freedom already was visible between DoC and CC where the same stuff was designed differently. And with Roberto Ferrari helping Nomura-san with the character designs now it is no wonder for them. And as far as the writing goes I have yet to see something that is weird in the Remake.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-10-2019 at 02:30 PM.

I believe the phrasing I used was "I really hope that's not indicative of her overall character." I think that's a pretty fair way to critique something in a trailer. The rest of the discussion was about her character arc in the original​ game

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I believe the phrasing I used was "I really hope that's not indicative of her overall character." I think that's a pretty fair way to critique something in a trailer. The rest of the discussion was about her character arc in the original​ game
    I am more concerned George Newbern will probably not reprise his role. But I will mostly go for Japanese anyway. Toshiyuki Morikawa is the one anyway.

What I will expect is One-Winged Angel as a rock version. One-Winged Angel was supposed to be that according to Uematsu-san but they never could do it which explains its version in AC.

EDIT: Just saw this on a German website that was writing about when today more info will come so seeing this picture revealing Sephiroth we can definitely expect to see him in a trailer or whatever they use to reveal him. And not just him from the back as 2 trailers ago.

He has his Amano belt. And he uses his left hand other than his Amano art and the original game do; just like AC, CC and the Nomura-artwork make him use his left hand.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-10-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Didn't Aerith at one point state that she could take care of herself due to growing up in the slums? Or was that just a mistranslation and is her flanderized portrayal in Crisis Core how she really acts in the original game?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I mean, if I got attacked by black swirling ghost monsters I’d drop my basket of posies and beg for help in a far more girly manner than that.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Maybe they're planning a crossover with Ghostbusters?
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My guess is that it's Aerith sensing a disturbance within the Lifestream caused by Sephiroth, hence why Cloud can see it when she touches him since he's kind of the link for that. I get the feeling Sephy is going to be heavily foreshadowed in this version compared to the original.

I think that Aerith just summoned this ghost to get Cloud's attention.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Could be something to do with the ghosts in the Train Graveyard. idk. But I'm really not bothered, because I'm treating this game as something that will be different to the original. The original is still there, still my fave game of all time, and nothing the remake does will change that (unless it's somehow better but I don't know if a remake is capable of recapturing that first play of a game).

As for Aeris asking for help, that's totally normal for her, I don't think it's unusual at all. Especially as she's seemingly being confronted by something much different to the usual thugs in the slums. I mean it's not every day that you get a ghost thing swirling around you, is it? Even Cloud seemed alarmed to some extent by what was going on. They're brave, that doesn't mean they can't be scared, it just means they fight on when they are scared. And asking for help is part of clever fighting.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

So Midgar it is then.

I knew they would reveal Sephiroth and Tifa.

I really wish they'd clarify, and apologies if I missed it, exactly how much of the 'game' you're getting day 1 if you buy it.

Other than that though, everything they showed at the press briefing was extremely good? Like actually just a fantastic blend of Ye Olde FFVII with some new ideas. Very pleasantly surprised with basically everything, I love Tifa to bits, the Avalanche crew seem like they're gonna be better fleshed out. And the gameplay was great. Tactical mode just looks like a great way to blend the ATB into real time button mashy spectacle action. Show me some summons please!

I was into the music as well. They seem to have chosen to go the orchestra heavy route, and it's *such* a hard soundtrack to translate to an orchestra. But so far so good on that front.

Good show, Squenix, you have successfully eroded a decent chunk of my cynicism regarding this game.

I really wish they'd clarify, and apologies if I missed it, exactly how much of the 'game' you're getting day 1 if you buy it.
    Midgar. The Rest will be on the second BluRay. Which means either Kalm-Northern Cave is heavily cut down or Midgar is ridiculously large in its story expansion.

Now it also makes sense why "the Compilation would not be coherent with the story at the moment". They only have Midgar. I expected them to not have much but I hoped for Cargo Ship. The second game will have a lot of the twists then. Well. We had one that had all of them. But at least on different CDs. Kazushige Nojima will have a lot to do for the second one. I guess Aerith will be the mid-point then. But this means we got 1.5 games with her alive and 0.5 with her in the Lifestream.

EDIT: Outdated post.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-11-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

From what I'm reading, one of the discs will heavily flesh out the story, lore, world, etc. Which, based on what we're seeing, I expect to be the Midgar disc. The other one I expect to be more in line with the original for the most part, at this rate. I don't think they'll cut out as much of the non-Midgar stuff as you might think because they said they will still fill a 50GB blu ray. GTA V was only on one blu ray, which gives you a good idea how much you can fit onto those suckers. I'm not sure if there are any other games out there that even edge past the one blu ray. RDR2 according to a Google search had an install disc and a play disc. I'm not sure how much of each they filled up. The towns we visit in FF7 are considerably smaller than what we see in GTAV/RDR2 though, I'd wager. That'll leave a large amount of space for dungeons, an overworld and minigames.

I'm more astonished that Midgar will be so big that it takes up a full disc, personally! I wonder if the Kalm flashback will move to Midgar now, if anything.

I was into the music as well. They seem to have chosen to go the orchestra heavy route, and it's *such* a hard soundtrack to translate to an orchestra.
    I haven't listened yet so I'm excited to (just watched a few times on silent mode on my phone)! Thankfully a huge amount of the music was orchestra-ready, and notably all the major songs are already played at the Distant Worlds concerts (the recent one in London had a whole half dedicated to FFVII and it was awesome).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

So apparently the two disc thing was a misunderstanding and part 1 itself will have 2 discs and somehow that also is said in the game store. I should have listened to Kitase-san himself instead of listening to a translator and get confused by that but who can blame me past 3 AM in the morning. I will watch the whole thing later again to see if that was really what he said.

EDIT: Could really be that he was talking about just the first game. Talking about the game made me associate it with the game as a whole, so everything. This is quite peculiar.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 06-11-2019 at 12:39 PM.