Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Collection of Mana and Trials of Mana (SD3)

One of my biggest disappointments with the remake was when they got magic. In the original the Sprite says something like "Nothing can stop me now." That was hilarious and also pretty accurate given how powerful magic can be in SoM. They changed the line to something way more boringin the remake. I was furious. I don't even care if it was a more accurate translation. That was like messing with "spoony bard" for me.

I hope if they're using the remakes to gauge interest in a nee Mana game, they'll also be looking to the old games for inspiration, because there have been a lot of lesser Mana games.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Mana series fell away because in the SNES and PS1 eras it was the core action RPG series to complement Square's more traditional RPG series. This was eventually replaced as the core action RPG series by Kingdom Hearts and now every RPG is an action RPG by the old definition. So it will be hard to see this getting a footing again unless they keep it traditional.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Got a new trailer with English VA and a release date of April 24th, 2020.