Thread: Since we're reviving old IPs...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nom nom nom Since we're reviving old IPs...

Romancing SaGa 3 remake, Trails of Mana Remake, a questionable Front Mission Spin-off, and games like Brave Exvius doing a lot of cameos from older IPs; it just feels like Square-Enix is trying to dig through there backlog and bring back the wonder years of their game development. So which dead IPs would you love to see SE surprise the world with in a post-VII Remake world?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Valkyrie Profile: Hrist or whatever.

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

A Valkyrie Profile 3 would be great, yeah. It'd also be nice if Trials of Mana leads to a new Mana game.

Then of course there's Parasite Eve (just ignore 3rd Birthday) and Chrono (but don't ignore Cross because that game was great)

New Chrono game please for the love of all that is good. It s finny that at the time CC came out I felt the time gap was long enough that I was happily surprised a sequel to Chrono Trigger was coming and that was only 5 years. At this point 5 year gaps in series are more commonplace but we've been almost 20 without a Chrono game (and surely will be over that by the time one comes if it ever will).

And no, I don't want it to be "Chrono Trigger 2." That's the kind of crap I can get as fanfiction games if I want. I want a legitimate new entry in the series with new characters, gameplay, and story just like Chrono Cross but set in that world and drawing connections to the previous two games.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel Dew Prism/Threads of Fate deserves another shot. The original game was pretty good though not exactly groundbreaking, but the secret ending left the game on a cliffhanger.

I would love to see the Ivalice team do a follow up or at least a remaster of Vagrant Story.

If SE could team up with Mistwalker, I would love to see a third official Chrono entry, but like Lord Golbez, I would prefer something with a new cast and scenario that is loosely connected to the setting much like Chrono Cross.

If SE could team up with Monolith Soft, even if this winds up being a Switch exclusive, I would buy the system in a heartbeat for either a remake of Xenogears or a prequel/sequel, preferably one focused on Lacan and the Shevat-Solaris war from 500 years ago.

I also hope that SE may one day do remastered ports like the Romancing SaGa titles for Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure of the Rudras, and Einhander

Also, while it has been getting love from SE the past few years, I'd rather see SE release a collection of the Front Mission series instead of trying to make new entries.

I'd be on board for a FM 1-5 collection, especially since 2 and 5, both among the higher regarded titles in the series, never saw release outside of Japan. That said, I'd also be on board for a full remake of FM1 using the upgraded systems from later entries, as the game has one of my favorite stories in the series, but some of the most binary combat and Wanzer building. Speed -> Switch -> Speed -> Switch -> Spe . . . oh, you're dead now. Right, someone else attack me! Annnnnnnnd . . . Switch -> Speed ~

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I wanna play another installment in The Bouncer. I'm kind of hungry for some melodramatic brawling in my life.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

These are all the wrong answers. The only acceptable answer is Brave Fencer Musashi.
    We would also accept Vagrant Story.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Chrono and Xenogears.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Give us a resolution to that Threads of Fate secret ending!!!

Personally, I wish SE would acquire the rights to Crystalis and give me remake... or sequel, I'm good with either.
    Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Brave Fencer Musashi.
    The Sequel was not great. Would love a chance to experience the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Valkyrie Profile 3
    Would play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Xenogears
    Haven't but would play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    New Chrono game please for almost 20 years without a Chrono

I want a legitimate new entry in the series with new characters, gameplay, and story just like Chrono Cross was but set in that world and drawing connections to the previous two games.
    Either Chrono Breaker or Radical Dreamers would be fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Threads of Fate.

I would love a follow up Vagrant Story.

I also hope that SE may one day do remastered ports like the Romancing SaGa titles for Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon, Treasure of the Rudras, and Einhander
    Never completed Threads or VS. Would love to take another crack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I wanna play another installment in The Bouncer.
    Bouncer made me feel like I was playing Ehrgeiz, which isn't bad, but makes me wish the latter's adventure mode was more story-driven rather than Rogue-like.