For most of us, we've grown up playing the games in this series and there are times many of us get all nostalgic for a replay. What stretches in each game do you look forward to the most? Perhaps it's certain battles or storyline moments? Maybe just the music in a particular scene? Or the feeling playing through a stretch again brings back to the first time?

I'll pick a few for myself:

FFVI: From South Figaro through the battle of Narshe against Kefka. By that point, the adventure has really begun and you've been introduced to nearly half of the cast already. For me, it also contains some of the most memorable parts of the series including the Phantom Train and Poisoning of Doma as well as Locke's clothing thievery and learning about the secret passageways below South Figaro. That they split you up into three mini-adventures so early was such a surprise when I first played it and I loved how the multi party battles were such a recurring event in the game.

FFVII: Cosmo Canyon. The music, the first time you see and hear about the planet and the energy forces and learning about the true fate of Nanaki's father. A real highlight of that game for me, one I'm very interested to see how the remake tackles... in probably 2022.

FFVIII: From saving Balamb Garden through FH. Something about this stretch of the game has always been my favorite part. Once again, I think by splitting the group up and being able to focus mostly on Squall's inner turmoil, the stakes are raised. Plus, the revelations about Balamb's true potential and the overall vibe of FH when you arrive there remain in my memory long after I last played the game. Likewise, the music in this section is a realy high water mark for me.

FFXII: From escaping prison through the Barheim Passage. Also fairly early in the game but I think the relentless plotting was excellent in this stretch. Basically being thrown right into the story and spending this entire section just trying to escape to get back to square one was highly enjoyable. I also liked how unique the Barheim passage sequence was, with the electricity eating mimics and zombies that came out if you let the lights get too dim. As a bonus, I loved that much later on you can return here to explore the other half of the passage where high end enemies and treasure awaits.

So what are some of your favorites?

Take care all.